6| Human Barbie Doll

Recommended song: Hope You Do By Chris Brown

"You're so fucking annoying," I gritted standing across from Noa, who was leaning against the front of her black shiny desk.

Noa raised a brow, "And you're on thin fucking ice–what point are we making?" she reiterated, easily earning an eye roll from me.

I narrowed my eyes when Noa suddenly stood from her leaned-back position with a look of irritation coating her face.

"Drop the attitude before I drop it for you," she said, raising a challenging brow as she towered over me.

I stayed silent for a moment, narrowing my eyes to keep up my poker face, but internally I was questioning if I really should drop it.

They say to pick and choose your battles.

And I'm not sure this battle would even be worth it.

"She called me a whore," I suddenly said, deciding that a topic change was best.

Noa's lips twitched up into a smirk, allowing her dark eyes to trace my face as she said, "Are you not?"

I felt my entire body grow hot against my own wishes, realizing the manner that she meant it in—and the way her voice dipped down to a lowered tone while her dark eyes held mine completely.

I pushed the sudden arousal away—God, I seriously hate her.

"Noa, I'm being serious."

"I am too."

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Just keep her on a leash next time or you'll have a funeral to plan—and we all know no one like's to plan those."

Noa smirked, cocking her head to the side as she said, "You're fucking crazy."

It didn't sound condescending or insulting.

Instead, it sounded like a compliment—like admiration or something.

I hated how easily it made my stomach twist and my heart speed up in my chest.

As I pushed the annoying reaction away, I turned around, about to leave the conversation at that—but when thoughts of a sleepless night flashed through my head, I knew I needed to strike some sort of deal with Noa.

"What is it?" Noa asked, realizing I had more to say when I turned back around.

I smiled tightly at her, feeling like the deal I was about to propose would definitely inflate her already large ego.

"I actually needed to talk to you about something else," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

Noa's eyes inevitably darted down to my cleavage on display, tightening her jaw as she forced her eyes back up to mine, "I can have the jet ready for you in thirty," she said.

I furrowed my brows, was she assuming I wanted to leave?

Wait, could I leave?

Yeah... Vincent definitely wouldn't let me get past packing my bags.

I shook my head a few times, "No that's not what this is about."

Noa gave me a narrowed look, allowing her eyes to analyze my face completely as she tried to read whatever was going on in my head, "What is it about then?" she carefully asked.

I felt my stomach jolt at even the idea of uttering my thoughts aloud.

Thoughts that had been on my mind since last night.