22 | It's Not Okay

Recommended song: living room flow By Jhené Aiko

I stared over the steaming food, carefully stirring the sauce in one of the pots.

Today I had randomly decided to cook dinner—not just for Noa, but Vincent and Arya too.

But deep down inside, it was entirely for Noa. I'd just never say that.

It had been a week since our garden rendezvous, and while I'd see her in passing—there wasn't exactly much going on between us.

I knew it was just due to how busy she was, and I completely respected it, especially after hearing what Vincent had to say.

But at this point, I had come to terms with the fact that I had missed her.

And that I was worried about her.

I just really hope she isn't internalizing this war, and wearing herself to the ground.

Although, from what I've seen and how busy she's keeping herself—I knew it was already too late to hope such a thing.

"Oh God, please don't burn the kitchen down," Vincent said, walking into the kitchen.

My red lips twitched up into a smile, "That's what we have multiple kitchens for," I joked, adjusting my baby pink top over my polka dot skirt.

With the way my dark hair was pulled back out of my face and the outfit I was wearing—I felt like I was straight out of a 90's movie.

But in the best way possible.

"Of course you'd say something like that," I heard Arya's voice, easily making my ears perk up.

I didn't hesitate to walk over toward her and pull her into the biggest hug I could fathom.

Vincent rolled his eyes, "You just saw her thirty minutes ago," he retorted.

Arya narrowed her emerald eyes as we pulled out of the hug, "Don't be a hater," she said, smiling at him slightly as she sat down at the marble kitchen island.

Vincent only laughed, "What could I possibly be hating on?"

Arya shrugged, "Lundy's hugs," she said, nudging him slightly as I began transferring the pasta into the large white dish.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the two, growing to admire the dynamic between them.

"What about Lunden's hugs?"

My dark eyes almost immediately glanced up, meeting Noa's stare that was seemingly already on me.

She looked as attractive as usual—wearing a black graphic crew neck with a white button-up poking out beneath the collar and matching black jeans. Her brown hair was pulled into a loose bun with a few pieces pulled out and shaping her bare face.

I blinked a few times when Noa raised a slight brow, and I knew that she had caught me checking her out.

I glanced back over to the stove when I felt my face grow hot with an uncontrollable blush—trying to push away my annoying smile.

I really shouldn't be this happy that she made it.

"Oh just that they're the best," Arya said, which earned an unamused hum from Noa.

Vincent laughed to himself, "I mean, I wouldn't know—Lundy never hugs me," he said, clearly making a point out of the matter.

And when the air grew quiet, I quickly turned around with a confused expression.