51 | Ending But Beginning

Recommended song: Summers Over Interlude By Drake

The sun seemed to peak perfectly over the horizon, dusting the sky in a beautiful cotton candy sunset. 

Below were the busy streets of Singapore, which I could barely make out given how far up we were in the penthouse suite. 

Noa and I had officially been married for three months and fifteen days—

But who's counting? 

Every day with her seemed to feel like a honeymoon, even if ours had faded and reality crept in on us. 

Well... not yet exactly. 

But with summer ending, I knew the runway would be calling my name for all the upcoming fall shows. 

And then Noa briefly mentioned joining her father's side to take some pressure off of him, especially since he had woken up from a coma only months ago. 

It definitely sounded ideal, but at the same time, I didn't know what that meant for us. 

I didn't want to be in different cities for shows without her. 

But at the same time, I knew she and her father needed time to catch up on all the years he missed, and then eventually she would have to take back over. 

Maybe now is a good time to get adjusted to our old lives. 

Or maybe I should just quit modeling altogether? 

"Lun?" 

I hummed, "Yes?" I murmured as I continued taking in the beautiful sunset. 

I felt her presence grow behind me, "You seem deep in thought?" she said, and I knew she was referring to the troubled look on my face that I couldn't bother to hide even if I tried. 

I shook my head, brushing off the unanswered topic in my head as always, "How's Fenix?" I asked, turning around to finally face my wife. 

Noa smiled slightly, "Interesting..." she trailed off, which easily made me raise a brow. 

"Interesting? That's new?" I said, clearly wanting more of an explanation. 

Noa slid her arms around my waist, causing me to lean back against the floor-to-ceiling windows, "She was going on about this new assignment she got," she explained as she leaned down into me. 

I leaned in to meet her halfway, "That's definitely interesting," I murmured as her lips met mine. 

Noa hummed against my lips as I slid my arms around her neck, "Now let's circle back to you," she said as she pulled back from the kiss slightly to meet my stare. 

I raised a brow, "Me?" I questioned, even if I knew exactly what she was referring to. 

Noa drew me in closer to her body, clearly about to say something else, but my ringing phone managed to halt her. 

Saved by the bell. 

Or in this instance, Vincent. 

"Hey, Vince," I said, breaking away from Noa's analyzing stare as I stared down at the Facetime screen. 

But as soon as I managed to take in what was displayed on my phone, a gasp fell from my lips. 

"No fucking way—no absolute fucking way," I breathed out. 

Automatically, Noa took the phone from me, "What? What is—" she laughed slightly, "Oh, you finally did it," she said to Vincent who was standing beside Arya—who now had a heavy ring on her finger.