39 | One Last Time

Recommended song: Wednesday Night Interlude By Drake

"What is it?" I asked impatiently as we entered the empty bathroom.

Noa closed the door shut—a little too hard for my liking.

"Your childishness—that's fucking what," Noa said, practically seething as she stood before me.

I only hummed, clearly unamused, "Moving on is childish... huh that's good to know."

Noa chuckled coldly to herself, "You and I both know you haven't moved on," she said, easily making my jaw tighten.

Maybe because she was right.

But I'd never admit that.

I corrected my posture, "But I have," I said, establishing my own dominance.

Noa scoffed, "Sleeping with everyone you see isn't moving on Lunden—it's just you avoiding what's really going on," she said, sending a wave of anger through me.

I took a dominating step toward her, "You don't get to analyze my life Noa—you lost that privilege when you left it," I said, but she didn't seem to be affected in the slighted bit.

And that... made my blood absolutely boil.

"It's clear that it still bothers you," Noa determined, making excuses for my behavior—and I hated that.

I wanted her to take it all personally.

I wanted to hurt her as much as she hurt me.

"You think it still bothers me?" I questioned, and I knew I was veering down a very petty path, "Because it didn't feel that way when Syd was fucking me—"

I was cut short by my own gasp, feeling my back hit the cold bathroom wall as Noa's hand gripped my neck.

And before I could process it, my hand came into contact with her cheek—emitting a loud slap throughout the quiet bathroom.

It was silent for a moment as we stared at each other with pure fury—both of us clearly being low on patience.

But that anger was easily channeled into something more sensual—especially when I slid my hands behind Noa's neck and brought her lips to mine.

The kiss felt rough and breathless as I basked in the familiar softness of her lips.

I tugged her into my body, allowing her tongue to slide past my lips and deepen the kiss.

It felt like I had suddenly been injected with the best possible drug—and I knew that it would hard withdrawing afterwards.

I knew that I shouldn't be kissing her.

Noa suddenly pulled away, leaving me full-on panting as she took a few steps back from me.

"We can't," she breathed out, reluctantly uttering the words. "It's not fair to you," she added, and it seemed like she was reminding herself.

Knowing that it would be selfish to do anything with me when she would inevitably leave and head back to New Orleans.

And the idea alone didn't shock me—I knew she was leaving.