20 | Daisies

Recommended song: Girls Love Beyoncé By Drake

I let out a deep sigh, pulling my dark hair up into a bun—taking my expression that was completely passive through the shiny mirror. 

There was only one person behind my sour mood. 

Noa. 

Although, I could slowly feel the sourness turn to worry, especially with the war at hand—and the new information I had heard straight from Noa's lips last night. 

Is she okay? 

The thought easily contrasted my millions of others—which lead down the path of feeling completely abandoned. 

Especially after waking up to an empty bed this morning. 

Noa had at least left a note in a neat envelope, but even if the gesture felt kind, the note was entirely brief. 

Urgent matters came up. Behave yourself.
—N

I couldn't actually believe she had left me there by myself, especially after all that had happened last night. 

I shook my head to myself as I pulled a few stray hairs out of the loose bun, She's busy and that's okay, I told myself. 

But, God, did my stomach burn with hollowness. 

I would've honestly rathered her wake me up from my sleep to tell me she had to leave rather than waking up to that stupid note. 

I shook my head at myself again, It's fine—it's all good. It really doesn't need to be a big deal. 

I mean who even was I right now? 

I had never found myself actually caring that I woke up to an empty bed—it actually made everything easier on me, and the next morning of a one-night stand less awkward. 

But when it came down to Noa, I felt entirely standoffish regarding the matter. 

And what made it worse was that I didn't want to feel that way, to begin with. 

I let out a frustrated huff, adjusting my white crop top that matched my athletic leggings. 

I hate her, I thought. 

But the thought quickly disintegrated when the familiar worriedness grew in my chest yet again. 

I hope she's okay.

I shook my head sharply at myself for the last time, determining that I was so over these internal thoughts. 

I really need to get it together. 

I inevitably exited my bathroom, entering my room as I slid on my furry slippers. 

It was now close to three, and a part of me... 

Well, a part of me wanted to go search around for Noa—just to know she was safe. 

But after even a moment of considering the option, I shut the idea down, deciding that it seemed like too much. 

It seemed like something a girlfriend would do. 

And that's not me. 

So instead, I ended up heading to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water before I internally decided to find Arya.