29 | I...

Recommended song: See You Again By Tyler, the Creator

Everything felt so calm... so quiet.

The dark sky wrapped so perfectly around me as the delicate stars twinkled—easily holding my attention.

Last I checked, it was two in the morning—but at this point, it had to at least be three.

Especially with how long I had been out here trying to escape my tiredness.

Trying to avoid sleeping—where his face managed to burn in my head.

Sitting out on the balcony at the quietest hour of the night somehow made me feel like none of it even mattered.

The breeze, the twinkling night sky, and the beautiful quietness—It was all so delicate.

Almost like the human life.

I mean, nothing is really promised.

I held my breath—thinking about Noa entirely.

Nothing's promised.

It practically echoed throughout my head and made me want to suddenly walk back into the room where she was sleeping.

It made me want to wake her up and just confess that I had fallen.

And hard. 

It was getting to the point where I didn't want anyone else—I didn't even want to be alone with myself anymore.

I just wanted her.

Going back to how life was before felt like a punishment—it felt so unappealing and dreadful.

Especially when your new slice of life involved someone that you lo—

"Lunden?"

I turned around almost as soon as her voice coated the quiet air, meeting her tired dark eyes as she walked further out onto the balcony.

Noa sat down on the outdoor couch beside me, "Come here," she said, motioning to her lap.

And when I obliged entirely to her request and straddled her lap so perfectly—it was clear that she was desperate to hold me, especially with how her arms wrapped around my waist so tightly and pulled me into her warm body completely.

Noa nuzzled her face into the crook of my neck, "You can't leave like that," she murmured against my skin.

I nodded, "I'm sorry, I just couldn't sleep—and I didn't want to wake you," I said honestly, knowing that she looked so peaceful when she slept.

Noa hummed, pulling back from the deep hug to meet my eyes, "I'd rather you wake me up—anything could happen to you, especially out on a balcony."

I pursed my lips, not exactly thinking about that.

But apparently, I didn't think about a lot of things, like leaving the estate during a war or sitting out on a stupid balcony when someone could probably snipe me if they wanted to.