19 | Goodnight?

Recommended song: Comfortable By H.E.R.

After Noa quite literally washed and dressed me, I was officially in bed, feeling entirely exhausted.

Even as I was brushing my teeth, my eyes felt like they just wouldn't stay open all the way.

But even feeling like I could sleep for the rest of my life, I still couldn't close my eyes—not with Noa in the next room taking an urgent call.

I tossed in the empty cold bed, which inevitably earned a weak whine from my lips, feeling an ache shoot through my very sore legs.

I didn't realize I was tightening my muscles so harshly in the moment—all I recall was how badly they were shaking and trembling.

I grimaced, not exactly wanting to recall the torture Noa just put me through.

But even after all that, a part of me wished she was laying beside me right now—and I hated that.

I hated how needy I felt for just her presence.

It seriously made me nauseous.

Unconsciously, I lifted my head up, noticing the door slowly opening.

Noa walked further into the room, "Why aren't you asleep?" she asked, walking over to the nightstand where she set her phone down.

She had changed into a black sweatshirt and matching sweatpants, which undeniably made her look even more attractive.

I shrugged, "I don't know," I said, but deep down I knew exactly why I hadn't fallen asleep.

Which was due to Noa's absence.

But I of course wouldn't be saying that aloud.

Noa raised a brow, clearly not believing my response as she sat down on the bed beside me.

I turned to face her better, but when that same pain shot through my legs, another sharp hum vibrated in my throat, grimacing to myself slightly.

"Your legs?" Noa questioned, folding the covers back with a look of concern.

I nodded stiffly, "Still a little tense but I'll be fine," I said, knowing it wasn't a huge deal.

But Noa seemed to think it was.

Especially when she gently pulled me toward her, allowing her hands to massage one of my thighs.

"You don't have to be fine," Noa carefully said, and it almost seemed like she never wanted me to say such a thing ever again. "Not around me," she added, gently lifting my leg up.

I gripped the sheets beneath me as she pressed my sore leg into my stomach, stretching my aching muscles completely.

"How does that feel baby?" she questioned, analyzing my face completely.

I let out a rough sigh as she let my leg down, which managed to feel looser, "Better?" I breathed out.

Noa shook her head to herself as she moved on to my next leg, "I really just wish you'd behave," she said, clearly not happy with the predicament I was in.

I smiled slightly, "Me? Never."

Noa chuckled, gently pressing my other leg up, "I knew that was a long shot."

I laughed, "Yeah, I was actually thinking about skinny dipping in broad dayli—"

"Watch your mouth now," Noa warned me, easily making my lips purse together as my face grew warm.