40 | Way To Snitch

Recommended song: Stranger By Jhené Aiko

Noa's Pov

I should go back.

I shook my head, no that's selfish of me.

Because what happens when she gets kidnapped again?

Or gets traumatized from another shootout?

I can't have her ending up like my mom—I mean, look at where that led my father.

This all might hurt both of us, but at least she's alive.

"Where's Lundy?" Vincent questioned as I approached the table, which easily sent a wave of guilt through me, knowing she was crying in a bathroom right now.

And all alone at that.

"Noa, where's Lunden?" Vincent questioned again, but it was clear his protective walls were growing by the second.

I let out a deep sigh, feeling my stomach grow hollow, "She... I left her," I breathed out, and for once I was being truthful with myself.

I wasn't sugarcoating it.

I just left her.

"Oh my gosh," Arya said, clearly concerned as she stood from the table and wandered back into the hotel, leaving me and Vincent alone.

I sat down, resting my head in my hands as I contemplated everything.

Is there more to life than mafias and power?

Because right now it feels like the only thing—the only person I need in life is Lunden.

She's the only thing that completes my life.

"Maybe I should just give it up for her," I breathed out, lifting my head from my hands.

Vincent's eyes widened, "What? Like your position in the mafia?" he questioned, clearly surprised that I would do such a thing.

I'm surprised too.

"Yeah, I mean what choice do I have?" I said, knowing the past six months of my life felt like literal years.

And on top of that, hearing about every single fling she brought back for the night.

It kept me up at night, imagining explicit scenarios that I shouldn't have.

Knowing that someone else was touching what was mine.

"Noa... that's..." Vincent trailed off, clearly processing what I just said. "You really love her," he declared, realizing that this wasn't honeymoon bullshit.

And it wasn't—I was genuinely about to give up my whole life for her.

It was something I had been thinking about for the last few months—but giving up my position meant giving up a family legacy.

It meant letting down my parents.

And even if my dad selfishly threw himself into a coma—he was the best father I could've ever had.