33 | Maybe

Recommended song: What You Heard By Sonder

I clenched my teeth tightly, taking another punch from Santino before he inevitably backed away. 

He had really only punched me three times, which was enough to scream weak to me. 

I mean, I knew he was only doing all of this for his dead wife and unborn son. 

And Arya... well to say that I hated her would be an understatement. 

But at the moment, I'm realizing that she's weaker than him. 

It's clear that during her time being undercover, she grew a bond—and that bond was what I would be using to get out of here. 

Honestly, even if I do hate her, I have to say that I'm impressed with how she snuck in. 

The fake Saints tattoo... her cover story—and then sneaking into the estate when they were gathering people to keep protected. 

People like me. 

There were a lot of new people coming in and out of the estate, and Arya used that to her advantage. 

She also used my brother and hid right under all of our noses. 

"I'm going to get cleaned up for our meeting—Aryanna try to get as much information as you can and be at the car in fifteen minutes," the man instructed. 

So we're at an off-site location. 

I watched Santino leave the room, waiting for the door to close so I could use my abilities to convince Arya to let me go. 

Then again, the tough act I had been playing earlier probably won't help me right now. 

"Was it all a lie?" I asked, forcing my voice to sound hurt and brittle. 

Arya's brows furrowed, "No I—" 

"It seems that way," I cut her short as I purposefully looked away from her. 

"I swear I saw you as a real friend... and I do care for Vince—" 

"Don't," I cut her short yet again, suddenly meeting her emerald eyes as I said, "Don't talk about my brother that you conned."

Arya frowned, shaking her head to herself as she stood up from her chair. 

I felt my eyes widen, realizing that my chances of getting out of here were growing slimmer. 

I tugged at the chains, "Wait—" 

"No," Arya said, suddenly turning back around to face as she said, "Because you clearly aren't going to understand my side—a side where I had to grieve not only my mother and unborn brother as a child but also my dad." 

And I could easily hear the rawness coating her voice as her eyes grew glossy. 

I shook my head, hating that I felt even an ounce of guilt, "That doesn't mean you had to go and do this," I pointed out. 

Arya laughed weakly, "You think I wanted to do this? You think I wanted to kidnap my only friend and manipulate someone I actually had feelings for?" she asked, her voice so broken and weak as her tears fell from her eyes. "I-I... was doing it for my dad—Avenging my mom meant the world to him, and I couldn't bare to let not just him down, but her as well."

I felt my mouth open and close, not being able to draw up words. 

I was entirely speechless. 

But even still I managed to say, "But Noa didn't do anything—she was a child when all of this happened. We all were.