49 | Newlyweds

Recommended song: XO By Beyoncé

"Noa, where are you taking us?" I questioned, following behind her as she held my hand in hers.

We were now changed—I was wearing a long strapless silk dress in a beautiful cream color and Noa wore a matching silk button-down shirt and pants. 

 "The reception is that wa—" 

"I know where it is," Noa assured me as we stopped before the familiar chapel that previously triggered Noa, "I just wanted a moment alone with my beautiful wife." 

I hummed as she guided me into the chapel, "Well when you put it that way, I'd love to take a moment alone with you," I said as she grabbed the small remote from the podium. 

And before my brows could furrow with confusion, Noa was pressing the button on the remote—easily playing a soft melody of music. 

She sat the remote back down, "May I have this first dance?" she questioned, easily making my brows raise in shock. 

She wants to have our first dance in the chapel—the same one she was completely bent on avoiding just yesterday?

"Are you sure? I know yesterday—"

"I'm positive—let's honor my parents," Noa suggested, and while she said parents, I knew she was referring to her mom. 

A slow smile grew on my lips as I slid my arms around her neck, "Let's honor her," I reiterated, easily making a smile grow on Noa's lips as well. 

Noa wrapped an arm around my waist, gently grabbing my hand in hers as we fell into the slow beat. 

The moment felt timeless—staring up into Noa's eyes as we swayed back and forth until minutes later, my head was rested against her chest and her arms were around my waist completely. 

As I listened to Noa's heart beat rhythmically in her chest, I couldn't bother myself to be worried about being late to our own reception. 

Not with me making such a sentimental core memory with Noa. 

We'll never be freshly married in Italy, dancing in the same chapel that Noa's parents got married in while our entire guest list waits for us at the reception. 

"Let's give a warm welcome to Mrs. and Mrs. Vitali!" 

The large crowd fell into a loud applause as we walked out into the outdoor venue. 

And wow did everything look immaculate. 

The sun setting perfectly behind the horizon, the vine arches that held shiny chandeliers over the long tables, and the large dancefloor in the center of it where everyone greeted us with such warm excitement. 

"Let's make room on the dance floor for the newlywed's first dance," the announcer said, easily causing the crowd to part away around the edges of the glossy white dancefloor. 

And as Noa gently slid her arm back around my waist and held my hand in hers yet again, all I could do was smile—knowing that we already had our beautiful first dance to ourselves. 

The soft music played as Noa held me close to her body, staring down at me with such precision, that the crowd around us easily faded away. 

And even if it was our second dance, it felt just as amazing as our first—especially with the beautiful cotton candy sunset surrounding us entirely.