Chapter-76

"How are you feeling now? Any pain? Any discomfort?" I shook my head as the doctor carefully looked through my reports. I was not hurt that much, just a few scratches and an ugly cut on my throat. He nodded to himself. "Alright then, you're good to go. Be sure to eat soupy stews. Don't stress your throat."

Alexei stood behind me, his one hand on my shoulder as he listened to the doctor. I felt safe feeling his presence that engulfed me in a protective embrace.

"Here are some medicines, and drugs," the guard standing behind Alexei grabbed the package. "I'll see you next week then. Have a good day." The doctor stood up and nodded at Alexei.

My extra-careful husband gently helped me up, his arm around my waist like it always belonged there, like a puzzle piece that fits perfectly.

The guard followed us, and by the time we were in the car, two SUVs were behind us and one in front.

Two weeks. It had been two weeks yet Alexei was still over the top careful with me around. More guards were hired, and some were fired. The security was extra tight, even though the cameras were replaced and new staff was hired, one that Alexei himself interviewed and ran a background check on. He was more possessive than earlier, more protective.

Even Killian barely let me go anywhere alone. He'd be on my tail. Ralph wanted to show me how to paint. And I wanted to paint something for him.

Two weeks. And yet I couldn't shake the fear and anxiety that it brought. The nights were sleepless, the days were restless. The constant fear lingers in my head and heart.

Antonio Romano escaped that night and two days later, his body was found mutilated and chopped into tiny pieces in sewers.

Ironic, how Ralph was also missing that day. He returned late that night, covered in blood wearing a victorious grin. That night, I saw him looking like the man I once hated. Not anymore though.

My husbands were gentler with me now, loving me unconditionally and making sure I was comfortable. Alexei even hired a therapist for me, a young woman in her late twenties. She'd come every morning at eleven, we'd talk for an hour then take a break and after that, we'd talk for another hour.

Alexei said I should start investing myself in some work. He'd even offered me to work in his business. I refused. I was not that capable and educated. I was starting to indulge myself in cooking and gardening. Only two things that kept my mind off things.

Yesterday, I made Pelmeni, a Russian dish. Alexei enjoyed it and so did others. Today I was planning to make something warm for Ralph. Risotto maybe. Or Polento.

Come to dishes, I was also learning the said languages. Three days ago, I finally came to know that Killian called me a butterfly. Schmetterling.

And Alexei called me love

"Are you alright, любовь?" Alexei asked. I frowned looking at him as his dark eyes looked worriedly at me. I swallowed hard and managed a smile.

"Umm....yes, I am," I mumbled. Alexei sighed, taking my hands in his.

"No, you're not. Your hands are shaking. Come here, let me warm you up." I looked down and relaxed my knees were bobbing, and my hands were trembling. Wh-when did it start happening?

My eyes widened as he scooped me in his arms and placed me on his lap. Running his hand up and down my back lovingly. "Calm down, it'll be alright. Just think of it as a nightmare. Every nightmare goes away. I will make them go away." The warmth of his embrace became a sanctuary, soothing the restless waving within me. I found solace, each heartbeat syncing with the rhythm of his comforting presence, a silent promise that I wasn't facing this turmoil of emotions alone.

I sink into his lap, placing my head on his shoulder. I still hadn't expressed my feelings yet. And it was eating me inside out. I wanted to, but I just—

"I love you, Rara," it seemed like a melody that had been repeated countless times before. Each time, however, it still managed to fill my heart and soul with unimaginable warmth. With a tranquil sigh, I closed my eyes, allowing myself to fully embrace the intoxicating familiarity of his words.

Feeling his presence drawing nearer, Alexei lovingly brushed his hand through my hair, his gentle touch causing a soft shiver to run down my spine.

Overwhelmed by the intensity of emotions brewing inside me, I couldn't help but mumble softly under my breath, "Will you believe me if I say I love you too?" I uttered softly, my voice barely audible. It was a vulnerable moment.

A small smile adorned Alexei's face, causing his eyes to sparkle with affection and love. His unwavering faith in our love shone through as he replied with a simple yet resounding, "Yes." It was at that moment that I felt an unspoken promise, a pledge that our love would transcend the test of time.

In the comfort of his embrace, I found refuge, a haven where I could let go of any doubts that may have lingered.

So, as I nestled even closer to him, I basked in the power of those three little words, relishing in the depth of their meaning.

My chest expanded with a rush of feeling so intense that it drowned out the lingering darkness. "I love you too, Alexei," I said softly, and as our lips touched, I knew that no matter what the future held, we'd conquer it together.

Regardless of how our love was born, it was now strong enough.

I smiled, and grinned actually, because while there were still many ups and downs in my life. I had three of the devils with me. And I, their wife. 

*******

So, how was it? Some things are kept lose just so I could start a second book, but do not expect the book soon, it will probably be focused on their children and I am working on it, so be patient. 

Anyways, it was a great writing journey, I loved writing very part of the book. and I loved interacting with you guys. hope to see you around soon. And have a very nice day. The book has a epilogue, it is also published, so enjoy.