Chapter-26

The overwhelming sense of fear took hold of me, the moment was undeniably real, a tangible force seemed to constrict and trap me in its menacing grip. It was not simply an intangible emotion, but rather a physical sensation I could almost touch. As if an invisible hose were tightly wrung around my neck, the constriction of this invisible vice made it exceptionally challenging to draw in air.

"Oh, is it now?" Killian's raged voice cut through his words.

"I told you killing him is out of option, Killian. There has to be some other way." Alexei murmured.

"Other way? What are we discussing? Making pies? It's either kill or get killed. I don't fucking care about your so-called tactics. In my head, there are two ways, and both of them involve blood and bullet."

"Killian." I heard footsteps retreating, angry stomping down the hallway followed by Alexei's growl. My blood ran cold.

Each passing second intensified the unease and restlessness within me. The weight of this fear pressed heavily on my chest, amplifying the sense of suffocation. With every attempt to inhale, it felt as though the grip around my throat tightened, further hindering my ability to take in the air necessary. It was difficult to convey the sheer discomfort and distress that accompanied this state of being.

Mind and body seemed to be locked in a perilous struggle. My thoughts, usually rational and collected, fragmented under the suffocating influence of this all-consuming dread. Rationality took a backseat as panic threatened to override any semblance of control I had over my own body and mind. The fear became an overpowering presence within my entire being, subverting any rational thoughts or reasoning.

They wouldn't hurt my brothers.

The grip of fear was relentless, refusing to release its stronghold on my senses. It was as though I was battling against an invisible foe, an adversary I could not see, touch, or fully comprehend. This invisible force dictated every aspect of my being, restricting my movements, hindering my ability to think clearly, and leaving me feeling perennially on edge.

As I found myself ensnared in their clutches, my mind couldn't help but be consumed by a desperate plea repeating in my thoughts. My brothers. The question echoed incessantly, each syllable a manifestation of my growing fear and vulnerability in this nightmarish situation. Every mention of my brothers intensified my sense of helplessness, amplifying the tormenting power these captors held over me. The very thought of my brothers being killed in this twisted mess left me utterly devastated, for they were innocent souls who had no part in the web of deception and despair that these devils had spun.

Tobias. As the name danced through my mind, my heart ached with a feeling of indescribable sorrow. It was both the memory of his selflessness in simplifying my escape from these tormentors two years ago, as well as the possibility that they sought revenge against him that caused my heart to shatter into a thousand pieces.

What were their intentions about him? Did they seek revenge for his role in setting me free? These questions swirled in the void of my confusion, making the situation even more unbearable. It was as if my very existence had been stripped away, as I grappled with the sinister machinations of those who sought my destruction.

I tightened my grip on the sheets, hastily wrapping them around my shivering, naked form. As I hurried towards the door, I stumbled and accidentally knocked over the pristine glass pot on the side table. The pot shattered, causing a sharp fragment to pierce my skin, eliciting a hiss of pain from me.

The murmuring outside stopped moments ago, followed by a loud thud as the door opened. I whipped my head around as Alexei rushed in, a deep frown marring his dark thick brows, his midnight eyes pinned down at my foot. I followed his gaze to find a deep cut settled under my heel, blood oozing through.