Chapter-61

Bringing me snugly against his warm chest, Killian guided us down the hallway. Despite my heart racing, I offered no resistance as his comforting hold made me feel secure and content, causing me to refrain from stealing a glance at Alexei, who was walking ahead of us.

Ralph's face displayed an expression of contentment, but I could discern a troubled and contemplative look in his eyes. I was uncertain about whether to trust Alexei and more significantly, I had no desire to trust him. If his words were true, then this situation was indeed messy. A naive part of me had believed that I could confront Alexei and persuade him to change his mind. If his words were true, then I was undeniably in a difficult situation.

When we got outside, the chilled Paris breeze had me chattering my teeth. I eyed as Alexei and Ralph got in the black car in front while Killian moved us into the white car.

Alexei did not ride with us, instead, Ralph and he took another car. Killian ran his hand down my back soothingly hushing me as I sobbed in his chest. At that moment, he seemed to be my safe place. It was absurd and startling how he provided me with warmth Alexei snatched away with his mere words.

I thought....I thought he cared for me....

I thought I was more than just a pawn in his game of revenge.

My heart was burning without the fire. When I realised Alexei probably never cared for me, my chest tightened more. No matter how hard I try...I always end up hurting myself. What even worse was the feeling of abandonment.

Though Killian kept me close to him. He hadn't said anything yet, but I could tell he was pissed at Alexei.

*****

As soon as we reached the penthouse, Killian immediately led me into what appeared to be his bedroom. In line with the luxurious and contemporary nature of the rest of the penthouse, the room exuded extravagance. Positioned right in the middle of the room was a sizable circular bed, which begged for attention. It had been used recently, with its dishevelled appearance. The sheets adorned a delicate ivory hue, while the multitude of blankets and pillows strewn haphazardly across the bed were a soft, pastel blue. As I gazed at Killian, my heart raced and a lump formed in my throat.

"Do you want to sleep—" I shook my head. After feeling abandoned, I did not want Killian to leave me. It was so foolish but I barely cared.

"Stay with me. Please." My voice was wavering. The emotions getting the best of me, and I felt every single one of them hitting the deepest part. I didn't want to be alone.

His eyes slowly raked over me and then at my trembling hands.

"All right," he said with unrecognisable softness, "Take off your clothes. I'll run a shower for you."

I stood there, a hot wave of embarrassment rolling through me. He wanted me to remove my clothes, right there in the middle of the room. In front of him? It wasn't like he hadn't seen me naked before, but this seemed particularly intimate.

I was used to their roughness.

I contemplated for a second before letting out a sigh and fiddling with the hooks of my blouse.

"Hot shower?" he asked, his voice cold despite the yellow heat in his eyes. Killian was not the sensible one among them, what I expected from him was pure violence and his laughter afterwards killing someone, but what I didn't expect was for him to give me little space.

I nodded

When he walked into the bathroom, I slowly peeled each article of clothing off my body till I was in my underwear. By the time I peeked in the bathroom, the bathtub was filled half. He had his jacket placed on the counter and his black button-down rolled up to his sleeves pouring body wash into the water. The veins of his forearms appeared bluer under the white lights, the width of his wrist taunting me with the brown leathered watch wrapped around his wrist. His hair fell into his eyes making me want to tuck them, his pale eyes solely focused on the task at hand.

All taken off guard and busy he looked more attractive than he already was. As a woman, I'd never deny how ethereal he looked under the light and in the darkness itself. His manliness could make any woman surrender to her knees begging for him.

And he was the man to enjoy it.

"Take them off." Looking at me with his scrutinising gaze, he nodded to the underwear. "The water is warm."

My hands shook but I slowly raised them to unhook the bra and took it off my shoulders. He merely watched me, his face inscrutable despite the hunger in his eyes. I took off my underwear, and my claw clip was next making the hair fall on my lower back, leaving me clad in nudity.

"Come here," he instructed, seeing me pause. The front of his pants was tented, I noticed, and somehow that was oddly reassuring—to know that I had that kind of effect on him.

He came toward me and touched me, slowly brushing his fingers down my arm as his eyes followed the trail of goosebumps his touch left behind, teasingly stroking one palm down my back while another hand cupped my left breast, gently kneading it as though to test its weight and texture.

"You're very beautiful," he murmured, looking down at me as his hands deliberately explored my body, every stroke sending ripples of heat down to my nether regions.

Standing there in my bare feet, I was acutely aware of how much larger his body was compared to mine, with my head barely reaching his shoulder and each of his arms thicker than half of my torso. His hands appeared rough against my skin, and I shivered when he moved his palm down to my belly, the width of his open hand nearly spanning the distance between my hip bones. His erection prodded my side, the material of his jeans doing little to conceal its heat and hardness.

Without the blurring effect from the alcohol or the shield of darkness, there was no retreat from his brutally intimate touches. I suddenly needed him to touch me. Roughly. Forcefully. Taken by force. So that I could wash away this feeling. So that I could hate them equally. Without any regret. Without expecting anything from them.

I needed to maintain a distance between us, between our souls and hearts. But how could I when he was looking at me like this? Like I was the only one who could bring him stars and the moon. Like I meant more than anything.

Aware of each stroke of his large hands over my body and the warm moisture lubricating my core in response.

Hooking his hand under my knees, he hoisted me up in his strong arms and gently placed me in the bathtub, the soapy film halting his gaze. "I'll bring something for you to wear," he hoarsely said, and I nodded, sitting completely naked in the tub. The fact that he was still wearing his clothes somehow made the whole thing worse, adding to my sense of complete powerlessness.

He touched my collarbone, his hands curving around my neck. "Take your time," he whispered, and I blushed for some inexplicable reason. Pulling me by the neck to place his mouth upon mine, he kissed me. Tenderly and heatedly. Till his tongue was thrusting into my mouth. When he pulled away, I was breathless and he was already walking out of the bathroom leaving me all confused and hot.

*****
Killain has changed. A lot.