Chapter-23

My heart was filled with panic as three SUVs appeared on the dusty road blocking our car. Killian laughed. "Well if you wanna beg, I'd give you a reason."

As he opened the door on his side, a wave of intense fear engulfed me, causing my chest to constrict. I was still trying to catch my breath when he harshly unlocked the door on my side, causing me to let out a piercing scream. With a firm grip on my arm, he forcefully pulled me out, causing me to collide roughly against his stone-hard chest.

He looked down at me amusedly. "Be a good girl, and don't open your mouth till asked for." He dragged me towards the warehouse, my heels digging into the dust, feet stumbling but his steel-like grip on my bicep was tormenting. My ears perked with alarm when I heard someone groaning and moaning in pain.

I glanced behind me, just in time to witness the two men, clad in black attire, forcibly hauling a bloodied George by his collar. At that moment, my eyes dilated with shock and astonishment. However, before I could unleash a single sound to break the dreadful silence, I found myself abruptly entering the warehouse. Darkness enveloped us, casting an oppressive shadow over the scene. A frosty gust of wind grazed my hair, its chilling touch sending shivers down my spine and instilling a terrifying dread within the depths of my stomach.

The sound of George's agonizing groans reverberated through the walls, and a pungent combination of the smell of gunpowder and blood filled the air, reaching my nostrils. Overwhelmed with fear, I swallowed hard.

Without warning, I was forcefully propelled forward, causing my hands to wave in the air before I eventually landed on all fours. Tears of despair streamed down my face as I clenched my fists. I felt Killian's presence behind me, as he yanked my hair, forcing my head to tilt back. My body instinctively arched, and my hands instinctively tried to escape his rough grip.

"This will be a little demonstration for you, Schmetterling. Look carefully and watch." I felt his hand gently holding my jaw, pressing my cheeks together, while his intense gaze locked onto mine while he lightly bit his lips. "Stay put, don't move. Or I'll have to tie you up." His voice dropped an octave as I desperately nodded wanting to get his hands off of me. My body trembled when he let go of me.

"I told you to be gentle with her." I looked to my right as another deep voice joined. It was dark inside the warehouse, but I couldn't recognise hai tall, towering silhouette even in the darkness. Alexei stalked inside with panther-like strides, the perfectly-tailored suit draped over his muscular shoulders, his biceps flexing and two unopened buttons of his shirt holding on for dear life.

I swallowed hard, the tremble in my hands worsening.

"She was being naughty, I had to scare her a bit." Killian chuckled motioning to his guards.

Alexei stopped when he was feet away from me, I craned my neck to glance at him as his dark midnight eyes narrowed, a slight twitch under his eye. "Scare her? Looks like she'd faint any minute." I breathed heavily, not liking how I was suddenly feeling nauseous.

The guards pushed George onto the ground as he grunted and struggled while one of them hit him with the barrel of the gun. A chilling sensation enveloped my entire being, causing my blood to freeze within my veins. Every hair on my body seemed to stand on end, creating an added layer of icy insulation against the overwhelming rush of fear that coursed through me. They wouldn't kill him, would they? A new fear paralysed me.

My eyes darted towards Killian, and then to Alexei. Killian was a bloodhound, but Alexei-maybe he'd listen to me. Just like sensing my gaze on him, Alexei whipped his head towards me. I had to sneak in a deep breath as tears dripped down my neck. "Please, don't kill him."