Chapter-49

ALEXEI'S POV

I could hear Ralph's snores from bedroom as she looked at the door afraid if he might pounce on her again. She was shaking as I carried her to the bathroom, and I know it was as much from exhaustion than fear.

It shouldn't bother me, knowing she did not wanted to have my child yet I was too angry. Yesterday, and today at breakfast, I could've sworn she was starting to play the role of a good wife, finally realising there was nowhere for her to run to. But today, she showed her true colours, and I wouldn't stand for it.

It's time the gloves came off.

"Sit," I told her when we get to the sink, and I carefully made her sit on the cabinet, a defiant expression on her pretty face. She was determined to make things difficult, and I was just as determined not to let her. I wouldn't let her pretend that we just didn't fucked her and she enjoyed. Fuck, I could still feel the sensations of her pink lips around my shaft.

Taking a breath to steady myself, I turned on the bright overhead lights and turned on the tap. Then as the tub filled, I placed her into the warm water before sitting behind her pulling her close to me. Her body was still shaking and her hair clung lewdly to her face. Her fucked flushed face aroused me further making me forget every religion and faith and sane thought.

My want for her was beyond flesh.

I was goner in her presence. As if her single glance could burn my whole world down. Our bodies intertwined together as I inhaled her intoxicating scent. Freshly fucked scent. I didn't knew what part of mine was mine when I was inside her.

Why was my heart's desire for her was strongest than anything else? Why her name was on my lips....to drink her every tear, and be the reason for her every tear.

Unfortunately, Rara didn't shared that opinion.

"I do not want a child, Alexei." she said, her voice tensed as she lowered her head. I was surprised she was clinging to same topic even after she was punished raw. My hands around her tensed visibly as she flinched at the grip. "I am not ready."

I made her wait until I was done foaming the body wash on her delicate shoulders, then I gathered her hair in my fists and applied shampoo. When my silence greeted her, she looked at me over her shoulder. Her pissed face and red angry eyes glared at me.

"If you want a child so much then why don't you fuck some other woman and build a family with her. Why are you so adamant on tormenting me? First you stalked me, married me against my will and now you want to impose a child on me?" She blurted. Her lips wobbled. "I am your wife for fucks sake not a damn breeder." Her eyes full of sweet anger. I agonised day and night to see her emotions other than fear—even if it was her anger, I'd gladly settle for that.

I said calmly and watched her blanch. "You're not considerate of my needs—and I don't have to be either. I want you, and I have the power to take you. It's as simple as that. If you don't like our existing relationship dynamic, I will change it—but not in a way you'll enjoy." I tried to sound as calm as possible but the sharpness of my words made her flinch. "You either obey or I'll make you obey. The choice is yours, love. And trust me, if I start doing things my way, you wouldn't be breathing."

Her eyes trembled but the anger surging in those drowning orbs did not faltered. "So you'll what? Kidnap me? Take me away from everyone and everything?" She scoffed. My little dove was more than angry. "Oh wait, you've already done that. What more can you do? Kill me? Threaten me with my brothers? Do it, death is better than living with you maniacs."

"Yes, love. That's precisely what I'll do if I can't make the current situation work." I resumed washing her, distracting myself touching her, giving her time to process my words. I know I was being harsh, but I need to squash this little rebellion, make her understand just how precarious her position was. There's no line I wouldn't cross when it comes to her. She's going to be mine not only legally, but also on level of our souls.

Rara stared at me. "So why haven't you done this already? Why haven't you killed them yet?" She sweeped her hand out in a broad gesture, the water splashed with her movements as she knocked her hand over the rim of the marble tub.

"Careful there," I said taking her hand in my grip. This little troublemaker must hurt herself.

Now that my anger was subsided, I pondered over her words.

Her teeth audibly grind together. "Tell me," she demands, her hand curling into a fist next to her untouched plate.

I sighed turning my full attention towards her. "Because I don't want to hurt you anymore than I already have." I said gently running my hand over her delicate shoulder as she flinched. "Your father desvered what he got, and I am not even a slightest remorseful about your sister either. But your brothers, I do not see them as threats. I do not want to take them away from you."

"But you will if you have to."

"Yes." I looked at her. Even if she stay silent, I know what she was thinking. "I will."

After observing me for a brief moment, she avoided eye contact while remaining silent with a sense of unease. I could almost perceive her thought process, her quick-thinking capabilities grappling to discover a soulution.

It was too bad for her that one didn't existed until I say otherwise.

When she was fully washed, I carefully scooped her in my arms. "Did your father stalked her too?"

My eyebrows lifted as I lifted her up by the elbow. "Who?"

"Your mother," Rara said, and my hand tightened on her elbow, nearly snapping the fragile bone in half. Instinctively, I braced for the agonizing pain and fury, but all I felt was a dull echo of loss, accompanied by a bittersweet ache at the memories.

"No," I said, and surprised myself by smiling fondly.

"Then you wouldn't understand how it feels to be an unwated child." "I guess then Killian must be more rational than you cause he knows how it feels to be unwated." My smile dropped at her words. Her eyes filled with tears reminding me of the day I killed her father in front of her. The memory of her adorned in white with red soaking the wedding dress—the distressed and agony in her eyes.

The memory sickened me; I couldn't imagine doing that to her now, couldn't picture hurting her for any reason.

She was not just a person to me now, no more the daughter of my enemy, she was my world, and I would protect her from everyone and everything.

My lungs tightened as she looked up, her soft brown eyes locking on my face. Each time I saw her, I want her, my need for her a clawing hunger in my chest. Over the past three weeks, I'd had her so many times the craving should've diminished, but it's only grown, intensifying to an unbearable degree.

Unwated child. If I knew better, I'd think she was not talking about Killian but herself.

I wanted her, and I wanted this—the quiet pleasure of sharing her life, of knowing that I could hold her in the middle of the night and see her across the kitchen table in the morning. I wanted to take care of her when she was sick and bask in her smile when she was well. And sometimes, when my grief welled up, I wanted to hurt her too—an urge I suppressed with all my strength.

She was mine, and I would protect her. Even from myself.

*****

Alexei is getting better with his emotions I guess.