Chapter-22

Even after we finished selecting the dress Andy believed looked perfect on me, I couldn't get rid of the unsettling sensation that I was being watched. However, this time it was even more horrifying and bone-chilling than before. Despite Aurora's invitation to join them for lunch, I declined, as my mental state was not stable enough to comprehend anything.

Even after I got into the car, I couldn't stop fidgeting. My heart continued to race, my hands trembled, and I stared absentmindedly out of the window as the city went by.

I had a limited awareness of the honking coming from behind us and the black SUV that was pulling up next to our car. It was only when we made a sudden swerve and George uttered a curse that I became aware of something happening.

I turned my head abruptly from the rear seat to look at George, who tightened his grip on the steering wheel. Exclaiming a curse, I watched as the black SUV collided with our car from the right, causing the brakes to screech as we swerved towards the left side. Had it not been for my seatbelt, I would have been thrown across the car. Nevertheless, I held onto the seat in front of me tightly, fueled by a sudden rush of adrenaline.

We were under attack.

It was hard for me to accept. I was in disbelief because it was daytime, and we were only a short drive away from the heart of Florida. One would have to be suicidal to attack someone in crowded place so openly.

My head jerked forward and the seatbelt painfully pressed against my ribs as George abruptly hit the brakes. Our car screeched to a stop, narrowly avoiding a collision with the unexpected Porsche Cayenne that blocked the road. George tried to reverse, but suddenly we were struck from behind, causing the car to halt once more.

Boxed in. My senses became enveloped by an overwhelming realization as George uttered curses once more. Not only was a sleek Porsche leading the way, but there were also three formidable SUVs strategically positioned-one flanking each side and one ominously tailing us. Without a shred of concern for any onlookers, they had forcefully guided us away from the bustling main road onto this desolate side street. My heart raced furiously, brimming with the undeniable certainty that only one audacious individual could possess such audacity and extravagance of action-

And there he was.

The Porsche door facing us slid open, and out came none other than my living nightmare, Killian Schmidt himself.

Emerging from the shadows, draped in obsidian leather, the ethereal envoy of death prowled toward me, his steps resonating with an otherworldly intensity. His visage mirrored the attire he adorned; mischievous radiance emanated from his eyes, suffused with an eerie darkness, as his clenched jaw exuded an enigmatic determination.

I was momentarily frozen, both captivated by his presence and overwhelmed by the heat rushing through my body. However, panic surged within me when I noticed that five additional men sprung out from the SUV behind him, and eight more armed individuals emerged from the SUVs on both sides of us, carrying semi-automatic rifles.

George was incapable of winning if he were to confront them, and I am aware Killian would not hesitate to kill anyone obstructing his path.

George gritted his teeth but did not moved an inch. I momentarily looked at him. Meanwhile, Killian reached my door and yanked it open. His eyes burn into me. "Get out. Now."

Exiting the car, I hastily got out from the door on the opposite side, my heart racing uncontrollably. It was the first time in the last fourteen days that I experienced a mixture of fear and intensity. The intentions of Killian remained uncertain, and none of the speculated possibilities provided any reassurance.