Chapter-14

The book is 35+ chapters updated on goodnovel. Follow me on instagram for aesthetics and edits.

TWO YEARS TWO MONTHS AGO

Rara's eyes widened in wonder as she took in the sights of the extraordinary house. It was no ordinary display of wealth, but an enchanting masterpiece of artistry. The grand floor-to-ceiling windows beckoned her gaze, while the arrangement of cosy couches invited her for relaxation. The room was bathed in a soft glow from the wide ceiling lighting, creating an ambience of both elegance and comfort. The intoxicating scents that filled the air awakened Rara's senses, leading her to believe that Ralph was not as minimalistic as she had initially assumed. He had truly surpassed her expectations.

"Mr Romano isn't home." The woman said. Rara hummed as she slowly twirled to view in as much as she could. "Is there something you wanna leave for him? Any message I shall deliver to him?" Rara's gaze quickly shifted towards a petite woman in her late thirties, donning a pair of dark pants. A moment of hesitation passed as Rara realized that she must meet with Ralph today.

"Uh... never mind. I can wait." Rara mumbled with a smile.

The woman nervously nodded, her hands clasped in front of her.

"Anything you'd like? Tea? Coffee? Lemonade, Ms Rara?" Rara shook her head. Curiosity engulfed her.

"No. How do you know my name?"

"It's natural to know Mr Romano's fiancé's name. You're very beautiful," Rara wondered if Stefan also visits Ralph. Of course he would, they were brothers. The realisation once again had her heart in a clenching hold.

"Oh! That's so nice of you."

"I'm Jude. Mr Romano's housekeeper. Bit of advice. Be careful around Master, he's an artist and can be...sensitive to certain things." Rara frowned but smiled regardless of the hidden meaning behind her words.

"I'll be..."

"Rara." A smooth, deep voice sliced through the air like a freshly sharpened knife.

"Mr Romano." Jude's soft tone disappeared with the suddenness of a blown-out candle flame. Breathless deference replaced it. "I thought you were-"

Rara turned, and the air whooshed out of her lungs in one strong gust.

"My business in the city wrapped up earlier than expected." The man haunting her sleepless night gazed at her.

"Rara," he repeated, softly and slowly, like he was savouring the syllables. He didn't move an inch, but his piercing gaze radiated with such power that it seemed to rhythmically ripple through the atmosphere. At that moment, time itself appeared to decelerate, painting a delicate pink hue across Rara's cheeks. A mixture of anticipation and uncertainty left her speechless, causing her to briefly part her lips before hastily closing them, her eyes timidly shifting downward as he gracefully advanced towards her.

Another long second stretched by before Ralph was standing in front of her with an indecipherable expression etched on his perfect features.

"I'm sorry for showing up unannounced, but-" Ralph tilted his head, his hands in his pockets fisted as he looked over at her. Black dress. And red lips. A small smile teased the corner of his lips.

"Don't be. It's your house anyways." Rara frowned confusedly as his smile grew. "Going to be." Rara felt like choking on air. Her hand suddenly started sweating and her heart racing like crazy. She focused on the matter at hand as her mind drifted to painting in her car. Her knees weakening as her hold on her purse tightened.

"I don't...I..." she fidgeted with her fingers. Taking a deep breath, she finally decided to meet his intense gaze. "Can we talk?" Ralph's smile diminished. His eyes refused to leave her face. The shape of her lips enticed him, the way her doe-like eyes nervously stared at him made him feel the rush.