101. *Best Sleep*

Start from the beginning

"I have mom's and Bianca's number on the speed dial, just in case." Massimo didn't like the fact how he wasn't the one on her speed dial. It should be me! He thought to himself.

"I won't be able to rest knowing you are all alone by yourself." He commented, now sitting on the sofa in front of Maya.

Looking at her in the eyes, in all seriousness he said,"If you don't mind. I'd like to stay here for the night."

Maya's eyes slightly widened, but she was quick to look back to normal. Her eyes darting away from his strong gaze. There was no way she could look at him and say no.

"You really don't-" But her sentence got cut by him saying, "I insist amore. Please."

How could you say no to someone who was looking at you with such an emotion in their eyes.

Maya didn't know if she was going to regret this later or if she was doing the right thing, but she just didn't have the heart to say no to him, afterall he had been nothing but a gentleman to her all night.

"Okay fine." And so she agreed.

***

"You can use the bed and I'll -" She stopped mid sentence when she felt his strong gaze on her. Currently they were inside Maya's room, since the only other bedroom was her mom's, which Massimo felt awkward to sleep in, Maya had no other choice but to let him inside her room. She could've told him to sleep on the couch in the living room, but given his size that would not be very comfortable for him.

"and you'll what?" Massimo asked. "Do you seriously think I'll let you sleep on the couch?"

"But-" He interrupted her again by saying, "no buts. The bed is big enough to accommodate us both." On hearing this Maya was quick to look up at him.

"I'm not sleeping with you." Was what came out of her mouth. She mentally cursed herself. That came out so wrong!

Massimo smirked at her. "As much as I'd love to be able to do that." A blush rose to Maya's cheeks. "I'm afraid I only meant sharing the bed with you."

Maya scoffed at him. "Why is it so hard to believe then." She mumbled to herself but he heard her nonetheless.

"I promise amore. I won't do anything." Although he sounded genuine but Maya could still not completely believe him. "Unless you want me to, then that's a different story." Maya knew it!

Letting out a fake laugh, she turned away from him. "Don't get so full of yourself now." Although Maya said that, but she herself wasn't sure if Massimo tried anything would she be able to resist him or not.

"It's settled then, we are sharing the bed." Since Maya had her back towards him, she couldn't see the slight smirk coming on his lips.

***

For the past 15 minutes Maya had been inside her bathroom. She had changed into her payjamas, brushed her teeth and still was standing in front of the bathroom mirror, not being able to go outside.

"Don't act like a pussy Maya!" That was something Binaca would say to her if she was there.

"I'm making it a big deal. It's not! We are just sharing a bed." Maya gave herself a small pep talk. "It's not like it's the first time, we've shared a bed before." Well, that was probably not the right thing to say as that took Maya in the past where she had shared not just a bed but a lot of other things with Massimo.