1

☆ 1. Chapter 001: The Thin Line of Life and Death

font record

Contents next chapter

Chapter 001: The Thin Line of Life and Death

As soon as the Lantern Festival was over, the year was considered over. People going to school and working left the small town at the foot of Daqing Mountain one after another. The bustle of the New Year period suddenly disappeared without a trace, and the town changed. It was deserted and desolate, making people feel that Xiantao Town was an empty town.

In the alley next to the station, a middle-aged man sat on an electric tricycle and smoked a cigarette. The bright sunshine shone on his body, which barely made him feel warm. But when the wind blew, he immediately felt chilly, and his heavy down jacket couldn't stop him. The chill of early spring in the city.

The cigarette burned until the butt of the cigarette was almost hot to the touch, but he did not let go. He took a strong puff and his mind wandered to the person he was going to pick up today. That person was the grandson of a family in the village. He was in his early twenties and had a furry doll. They actually want to buy a peach orchard in their empty village. The land is not good and the roads are not good. Even if they grow peaches, it is difficult to get them out. What's more, the land in the peach orchard is barren and the trees are almost dead.

The man shook his head and said in his heart, I really dont know how high the sky is!

More than fifty meters away, Su Ruoyan walked slowly towards the alley holding a flowerpot. In the flowerpot grew a tree with lush branches and leaves, which he had just bought from someone else.

The front of the alley was filled with people who came to buy goods near the station. There were electric tricycles of about the same size, men of about the same age, and those vague faces. Su Ruoyan stood at a loss in the crowd, not knowing which one was coming to pick him up. He has prosopagnosia and cannot distinguish human faces.

"Xiaoyan."

Someone shouted, it was a familiar voice. Su Ruoyan quickly hugged the tree and leaned in the direction of the sound, "Uncle Ming?"

Lin Zhiming said angrily, "Ang, it's me, get in the car. ."

"Wait a minute, Uncle Ming, I'll put the peach tree in the car first. I bought it on the road. It's a pity to see people throwing it away."

Not long after Su Ruoyan came out of the station, she saw a man carrying a bonsai peach tree. Stuff it in the trash can. Probably because it grows in a warm room, the bonsai peach tree has dense branches and leaves that are contrary to the seasonal norm. It is lush and very eye-catching. And unlike other bonsai peaches, it grows more like a fruit tree in an orchard. It is almost 1.5 meters tall, which is huge in a narrow flower pot.

After detailed inquiries, I learned that the owner of the peach tree thought the bonsai peach tree was growing too well and was afraid that it would get in the way or bring bad luck to his home, so he threw it away.

"How much did it cost?" Lin Zhiming, who picked up Su Ruoyan, asked.

"Two hundred and fifty, and they also gave me a basin. It's quite a deal, haha."

"Oh." Lin Zhiming did not express any opinion.

The old city is very windy, and a gust of wind blew over, causing Su Ruoyan's slightly long hair to flutter messily, and the thick bangs in front of her forehead were lifted up, revealing her plump and smooth forehead. Su Ruoyan quickly reached out to block it, and touched the glasses on her nose. They were dull black thick-rimmed glasses with thick lenses. Without them, Su Ruoyan would be blind.