Close Encounters But WE'RE The Aliens!?

A tall and broad-shouldered hooded figure, accompanied by a group of other hooded figures, walked across the city of Planet Dorakiya. Both the leading wanderer and his companions were scanning the place and marveling at how seamlessly Dorakiyans had woven cities and nature together. For a species that looked so advanced, as if they were technologically augmented, Dorakiyans built homes, administrational, entertainment, and service facilities inside of jagged, sky-reaching rock spikes decorating the planet's surface.

The towns on Planet Dorakiya had no roads. All transportation occurred on rails elevated above the untouched floor that was just rough dirt, natural stone, and grass. The contrast of technological advancement and love for the nature of this species was apparent and striking enough to keep the hooded wanderers engaged for a long time.

One hooded figure stepped out of the tight formation, irritating a passing-by bluish-gray humanoid with outer armored plating over bright red skin and blank black eyes. The creature let out a threatening squeak as the blue beak embedded into the lower section of the Dorakiyan's face opened up and made space for it. The hooded man bowed and nodded in apology. While the Dorakiyan couldn't understand what the man was saying, it seemed pleased with the polite tone and let the frustrating matter of nearly bumping into the alien go.

"Master," the shrouded man addressed the hooded figure walking in front of the group. "The Dragon Ball radar shows that the Ultimate Dragon Ball should be nearby!"

"Here?" the figure in the front and center of the group stopped, glancing at his subordinate with an inquisitive tone of voice before reaching for the hood and slipping it off. The hood revealed a bald head with three eyes attached to a strapping neck. Focusing his third eye, Tenshinhan looked around, trying to determine the potential location of the Ultimate Dragon Ball. "Hmm... Can we still retrieve the Ultimate Dragon Ball without causing these people trouble, I wonder? The locals of this planet are undoubtedly civilized enough to be able to find the Dragon Ball themselves and appreciate its worth over some chunk of a mineral. But where could it be?"

A shadow obscured the Tenshinhan and his hooded gang of martial arts students on their pilgrimage trip, prompting the other martial artists to look up and see what was casting the shadow massive enough to wrap around the entire alien city. It was a humming and vibrating flying saucer ship with thousands of tiny lights attached to its outer edges. It would not appear that the Dorakiyans knew the source of this threat as the terrified aliens fled at the sight of this looming alien spacecraft.

A handful of Dorakiyans opened fire from handheld plasma pistols from atop the monorails after stepping out of their hovercars. The plasma bolts didn't even make it all the way to the alloy that coated the flying saucer as an energy field channeled from the illuminating jewels at the edge of the saucer-shaped ship absorbed the blasts and the Dorakiyan defensive measures only served to fuel the invading alien mother-ship.

A hole split in the very center of the ship, wide enough to drop an entire mountain down on the Dorakiyan city. Instead, the glowing jewels that produced the energy shield earlier now sent interconnected beams of light that fused into a pillar of static energy. A brown orb flopped from the central opening in the flying saucer ship with the descending ray of white light encompassing it and slowing down its fall to prevent damage to the town and the descending orb.

"What is that?" one of the hooded students of Tenshinhan gasped, sweating with fright.

"Calm down, feel it with your Ki," Tenshinhan turned to his student with sage advice.

"It's... It's alive!" the same student proved to his mentor that they could read Ki, as the brown orb had a notable and powerful Ki signature.

"It's powerful too, but we should be able to take it down!" another bold student rolled back the sleeve of his cloak and reared his fist.