Cell's Hunt Begins

"Whoa, this is seriously amazing!" Pearl squeaked out when a yellow-skinned, slender alien in plain villager clothing served her a round lump of cheese with a sweet black cherry sauce. "This sauce looks like Takoyaki, but it's actually as sweet as cherries!"

Yamcha smiled, looking happy to see his fiancé having the time of her life. After dealing with their rampaging alien monster problem for them, they were not only happy enough to give Yamcha and Pearl their Ultimate Dragon Ball, but also whip them up a feast. Pearl looked as overjoyed as a glutton like Goku would have been to try out all the different desserts from across the universe. Even if it took them a while, Yamcha and Pearl have finally scored their first Ultimate Dragon Ball!

"Tako... Yaki?" the slender and short, feeble-looking alien with a round and disproportionately large head and a single antenna sprouting out of the top of their head, making their heads look like berries in a way, muttered. "We do not have a dish like that here. The black cherry sauce is the pride and joy of the Planet Banna culture. It is difficult to imagine that there are sweets somewhere in this universe that can compare to it."

"Takoyaki ain't sweet," Pearl pouted. "It's a type of snack made of flour. You're supposed to stuff them with octopus bits. They're more salty than sweet..."

"Y-You eat other creatures!?" the horrified alien leaned back in a bit of cultural shock before overcoming the struggle with the truth and clearing his throat. "Well, I suppose that explains why you're tough enough to defeat the Pufferpon. It too eats the heads of the Bannans it catches. It's... Horrific..."

Pearl stood up and comforted the weeping Bannan by rubbing his back. The alien relaxed with a pant and sort of got into it, wiggling in a rhythm according to the beat of the back rubs while wearing a sublime facial expression.

"Now that you got me talking about octopi, you guys kind of look like octopi from the head down. You're so pudgy and gooey, weak to the point of being malleable," Pearl noted only for the Bannans surrounding the lavish feast party to gasp, stand up, and stagger back in terror. Even the poor guy who was enjoying Pearl's back rub before pressed to the ground, crawling back with a horrified look on his face.

"Y-You mean... You're going to make Takoyaki out of us?" the appalled alien gasped.

"What? Eww, no... I was just making some small talk. We may eat octopi, but we don't eat people we meet..." Pearl crossed her arms and turned around, looking almost offended that the mind of her newly met friend even went there.

"Oh... I apologize if we offended you, however... It's really hard to say when you intend to eat someone or not. After all, you eat other living beings after all," the Bannan bowed in apology a few times with embarrassment apparent on his expression.

"Honestly, you guys should try eating some meat too sometimes," Yamcha pressed his hands to his hips. "You going full vegetarian might be why you're so awfully weak that even a giant, walking pufferfish with teeth is bullying you around. I still think you should have cooked it and ate it up. I've never tasted seafood that lives on land."

"We apologize, but we simply cannot take the life of another living creature, even for the sake of eating it. Besides, after living off of fruits, vegetables, and berries for so long, I'm not sure that our bodies would even know how to digest a living creature..." the Bannan politely refused Yamcha's advice.

Yamcha's eyes became transfixed on a whip of something he hadn't seen before on this planet. It was a long, green tail with a bone-like stinger at the end. Just as the thought of just how strange this sight was began bugging Yamcha, he heard a pair of gruesome thuds and horrified screams. Alerted by the ruckus, the Bannan in front of Yamcha wanted to turn around to look at what all this noise was about only for his surprise to remain rooted in his chest as a tight grip locked around his throat and tilted the helpless alien into the air.