Bardock's Evolution

Baby's face got serious when he pulled himself out of the rubble of the collapsed city hall stage. Bardock pulled his wristband back and took a balanced fighting pose with a look that threatened to slug Baby again the moment his guard went down. After being humiliated in front of the Saiyans, whose cooperation was of profound importance to Baby's plans, Baby Vegeta didn't intend to lower his guard again.

Soaring through the air, Baby Vegeta threw an overhead hook, but Bardock slipped into his personal space and weaved out of the way. A punch to the gut bent Baby Vegeta over, but it didn't stun him enough to take the swinging straight kick, which would have sent him flying. With a cross-arm block, Baby Vegeta absorbed it and rode the wave of the force all the way back with a hunkered-down skid.

When Baby moved his block down, Bardock's furious face was right up in his face. Baby Vegeta slipped his dashing blow and took a handstand position, thrusting his feet back like a horse, but Bardock blocked that. Pursuing Baby Vegeta on the flip that returned him to his feet, Bardock thrust a blurry and light-speed jab to Baby's gut again, forcing his opponent to wheeze and blow air out from his squeezed lungs.

The Saiyan berserker swept the leg, tripping Baby Vegeta up before transitioning into a roundhouse and rocking Baby Vegeta's core. With whited-out eyes and a scoffing expression, spitting up slobber, Baby's maw gasped for air before Bardock completed his roundhouse and took his opponent off his feet flying through the skyline. Pursuing the battle into the sky, Bardock delivered a pair of softening kicks to Baby's sides that stabilized his flight position in the air, like molding a heap of clay.

Energizing his right fist with a shining sparkle of Ki, Bardock plunged it in a diagonal downward smash that exploded on impact and sent Baby Vegeta crashing into the streets with enough force to drag across the road in a deep ridge while a handful of surrounding skyscrapers bent out of shape and came suspiciously close to falling over.

"As expected from a parasite body snatcher," Bardock lowered himself to the ground, abandoning the wary of a martial arts stance and just looming over his fallen and humbled opponent like a living tower. "You're too reliant on people's affections for the body you've possessed. So much so that you simply can't stand on your own when you meet someone who doesn't give a shit or even worse — someone who hates that guy's guts!"

"Sure... You can fight, Saiyan..." Baby Vegeta panted, rising out of the deep ridge that he burrowed with his head in the asphalt, wiping the traces of blood off his lip. "That much was never in question. But spare me your pathetic attempts at philosophizing and justification for your self-righteousness. No amount of your verbal acrobatics can justify genocide, so stop embarrassing yourself by trying to judge who I am or what I do!"

"I couldn't care less if you're a Tsufurian, Earthling, Saiyan, or whatever... If you brainwash the king and come to the Saiyans, barking up commands, you're just looking for a pounding!" Bardock showed his teeth and shook his fist out in front of him.

"You primitive imbecile!" Baby Vegeta flipped out, rushing straight to Bardock, except he didn't stop. The Tsufurian super-organism slammed his forehead straight into Bardock's, knocking the other Saiyan away before flipping over backward and stabilizing his stance. "I'm trying to save the Saiyan race from extermination! I'm offering them a chance to undo what they've done by collecting the Dragon Balls for me!"

Extending his arms out, Baby Vegeta channeled a pair of expansive and shining Ki spheres in each hand before thrusting them forward and merging the two energy spheres into one sparkling mass. An additional burst of energy made the merged energy ball burst into thousands of smaller Ki blasts that all hurled straight into Bardock's direction, forcing the Saiyan to brace for cover. A blast here and a blast there grazed Bardock and delivered a respectable wallop that made the Saiyan wince in pain while many more hurled off and blew the skyscraper or another structure it collided with up whole.