Future Be Damned

Yamcha blinked onto the God Temple grounds with Chayote holding his shoulder with his hand. By the time Yamcha brought Chayote, everyone had already been gathered together and waited for their plan of confronting Broly to set into motion. One thing everyone agreed on was that the titan couldn't set foot on Planet Earth.

"Not bad, Yamcha," Krillin smiled. "It took no time at all for all of us to group up and prepare with your Instant Transmission technique!"

Yamcha's cheeks flushed with a more intense shade of pink as he wasn't used to being praised this openly. Usually, people only had things to give him flak for his words or decisions. This was a welcome change, though not one that he knew how to deal with yet.

"Tenshinhan isn't here," Chayote noted.

"He refused to come with," Yamcha blew the air that he had stuck in his lungs out while scratching the back of his head. "He said that he left all of it behind and now only practices martial arts to teach new martial artists."

"That dumbass!" Piccolo reared his fangs. "Doesn't he realize Broly will destroy every galaxy in the entire universe if we let him rampage like that? Refusing to acknowledge or confront the enemy is no answer at all."

"Come on, Piccolo, lay off of him already," Goku shrugged it off while casually leaning his head back in his hands. "After Chiaotzu died, Tenshinhan told us he's done using martial arts and that he'll only teach it to his students. I ain't surprised he decided not to come, even if it is a pity. I heard he got pretty tough out in space. I'd have liked to see it."

"Vegeta-san isn't here either," Gohan noted, pointing at Bulma who tinkered on her airship with only young Trunks by her side. While Trunks wouldn't be going to face Broly and hold him off from reaching Earth, God Temple was still the safest place for him to be. If things go south, Videl, Trunks, Kami Upa, Mr. Popo, and Dende can always slip into the Room of Spirit and Time and hide in another dimension, safe from Broly's rampage. Since the door to the room would be destroyed alongside Earth, spending the rest of their lives inside that dimension may have sounded grim, but it beat the alternative.

"Vegeta is dealing with his own baggage. I realize he is a powerful combatant whose strength you could use, but trust me when I say that it's for the best that he deals with whatever's been plaguing him," Kami Upa answered.

"That's too bad, Bulma said that Vegeta got to fight Broly after he recovered, so he probably knows how strong Broly got after healing back up," Goku pouted. Signature to him, discontent didn't sit with him for too long, so he was chuckling like an oaf just a couple of moments later.

"18, why are you here? Should we just accept that you are now a member of the Dragon Team like the rest of us?" Piccolo turned to the Artificial Human who was terrorizing the world less than a year ago.

"Someone's got to watch out for this guy," Lazuli pointed at Krillin. "He makes all the money for me, so I'm just watching out for my assets."

"I'm not a kid, you know..." Krillin blew his cheeks out while nervously kicking pebbles around. "I've done this whole fighting for the sake of the Earth thing before."

"She said assets..." Goku pointed at Krillin and Lazuli and laughed it up, clearly thinking that whatever Artificial Human No. 18 said meant something entirely different from what she actually said.

"Krillin-san and Artificial Human No. 18 have a strange relationship, don't they?" Gohan shifted his lips to the right side of his face, wondering if they'll be okay. "By the way, I can tell how strong you've gotten here, Videl-san. After we come back from space, we can both train here together. Maybe that way you can finish Kami-sama's training until school starts. But..."