Into The Core

"These guys aren't messing around!" Goku said with a serious face as he dashed into the air to avoid an energy shot from a Godgardon and backflipped with a mid-air backward glide to avoid the follow-up barrage of energy bolts. With his feet firmly touching the wall, the Saiyan kicked off the wall and soared above the army of guardian robots while evading their successive attacks and drawing their attention from the rest of the group.

Goku's knee slammed into the face of one Godgardon, flinching it and testing the integrity of its neck though, surprisingly enough, despite a rubbery churn to the wires holding it attached, the head remained attached to the guardian robot. Turning around, Goku thrust his foot with a roundhouse dive kick before shoving his fist into the Godgardon's core, testing its integrity and lifting the robot off the ground. A rapid barrage of shots to the core body and an overhead power blow later, the Godgardon took off somewhere, having taken surprisingly little damage from a beatdown of one of the strongest warriors in the universe.

"Agreed!" Gohan yelled out before shooting an uppercut into the middle section of a guardian drone and jump-kicking it into a backward roll in mid-air, like a rag doll. "I wonder what Dr. Lychee built these to defend against... They're easily more powerful than the Frieza Army."

Vanishing and appearing in front of the stunned and still rolling Godgardon, Gohan shot his foot out and punted the weightless opponent away, still unable to thrash the robot. Usually, when one encountered mass-produced guards on the battlefield, they expected these guards to not be able to take more than a few hits, whereas these Godgardons appeared incredibly well-equipped and matched Artificial Humans in power.

"They couldn't have been built this strong. He must've been using the Destron Gas to upgrade them time after time since their creation," Vegeta surmised while keeping a handful of the drones pinned down under his volley of Ki blasts. He too felt washed by a cold shower upon firing a handful of Ki blasts and not seeing these ancient robots break apart in moments. Out of nowhere, a Godgardon appeared from behind the King of Saiyans and drove into his back with a shoulder charge. This was enough to snuff out Vegeta's Ki blast volley and leave him surrounded by Godgardons.

Goku pursued the guardian drone he had begun fighting against and fired another flurry of fists in its direction, but the robot erected a solid energy shield that reflected a shocking jolt back at the Saiyan, which stunned Goku and made him retreat. With the energy shield still up, the Godgardon engaged the jets on its back and feet and threw itself at Goku, slamming with full force and knocking the Saiyan aside.

"Alright, no use holding back against these guys..." Goku chuckled to himself while wiping the slobber off his face. The Saiyan pushed his hands to the sides and lit up with a bright aura that colored his hair golden with a single shout. In a blink, the fighting potential of the Saiyan warrior skyrocketed beyond his earlier abilities into the class of legends.

"Yeah..." Gohan found an opening to do the same, turning Super Saiyan in a blink before bursting with an ethereal golden glow and charging after the group of Godgardons. A high kick knocked one of them aside, a straight sent another into a stumble, and a double ax handle from the top floored the third and left it sliding aside with a blazing trail of energy on the floor.

"It's going to be a tough battle, but you should pace yourselves. If you burn through your stamina by fighting as Super Saiyans now, you'll be winded when we confront Lychee," Vegeta scolded the pair while weaving and dashing in mid-air and struggling to evade or smack aside the Godgardons' energy bolts.

"Burn through our stamina as Super Saiyans? Don't worry, Vegeta, our skill with the Super Saiyan transformation doesn't have a weakness like that," Super Saiyan Goku attacked the group of Godgardons with a smirk on his face. After pummeling a handful of them aside, Goku noticed the rag-dolled robots standing up and forming a ring around him. The Godgardons aimed their arms at the Super Saiyan, revealing gatling-like barrels around their knuckles and unleashing a hail of blue energy bolts.