Pyrrhic Victories

Centers of ringing yet pleasant to the ear howling popped up one by one around the laboratory. Flames and Destron shrouds alike became a unified swirl of light and darkness as they vanished down a complex mosaic system of drains. With a shockingly calm and indifferent expression for someone whose victory was now in question, Dr. Lychee followed his own Dark Planet, absorbing and processing Destron Gas that should've ensured his victory into raw energy.

"The Destron! It's disappearing. I can feel my strength returning..." Gohan looked around in disbelief before turning his attention to his shaking hands, which began to feel like they could accomplish anything again.

"The Luud Star, or as I'm now calling it, the Puri Incorporated Star, is connected with the Dark Planet into a singular network. Dr. Lychee's got a pretty fancy operational system going on. Even to me it would have been troublesome hacking but, thankfully, our friends here at the now-extinct Cult of Luud have provided me with a backdoor," Dr. Puri explained the important part of what she had accomplished.

"I'm not sure what's going on but... Thank you!" Gohan nodded with confidence pumping in his expression. He formed his knuckles and pressed his arms by his side, bursting with a golden aura and igniting that Super Saiyan shine he had lost because of the Destron's oppressive influence.

"Why, it's quite elementary. Dr. Lychee is a careful and calculated scientist. He wouldn't work with something as unstable and dangerous as Destron Gas, a gas that feeds on emotions and the ephemeral side of existence and makes it come to life, without some sort of countermeasure. I've figured that his little cyber star should've had the option to purge Destron in case of emergency. I merely activated it from my end," Dr. Puri leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs while admiring the victory that she may have granted to the Super Saiyans, but which was all hers to take credit for.

"Of course, Dr. Lychee's plan takes entire centuries to come together. He wouldn't risk something like that on the whim of the unstable nature of Destron Gas," Super Saiyan Gohan nodded before turning his attention to Super Hatchiyack that was preparing to tear apart his father while Goku was still busy preparing the Spirit Bomb.

Just as Super Hatchiyack channeled an emerald energy blast in one hand and reeled it back to blow Goku out of the air and leave him crippled and unable to defend himself, Goku winced and turned his head back, preparing his body for the impact. He didn't foster any false hopes of being able to take such a blast point blank, but if he lowered his arms and stopped channeling the Spirit Bomb–they'd have had no chance of stopping Hatchiyack anyway, so he simply couldn't stop now. Not after Vegeta nearly laid his life down for him to prepare the Spirit Bomb.

Gohan snapped in front of Goku with his arms extended to the sides. With a brave shout, he erected a golden energy bubble around him and his father, that blocked the straight Ki blast before blinking away with a puny flicker. Gohan's arms went limp by his side, but the teen quickly forced them to go up as he prepared to do what he had to in order to help his father deal with this monster.

Charging into Super Hatchiyack's face with a wound-up right cross, Super Saiyan Gohan made Super Hatchiyack stumble and lean backward. The teen transferred all that force and drive to help save everyone into a baseball slide that tripped Super Hatchiyack up and positioned Gohan directly beneath his opponent. Exploding with a fiery marigold aura, Gohan shot into the air with a rising uppercut that launched Super Hatchiyack shooting into the air.

"Ka... Me... Ha... Me..." Super Saiyan Gohan drew his arms back, channeling a strident azure energy blast in between his cupped hands while Super Hatchiyack leveled himself in the air.

"Stop, Gohan! The Spirit Bomb, I've got the energy from all the surrounding planets, it's got to be ready!" Goku called out.

"No, draw more energy. From the surrounding star systems, from the entire universe, if you have to. The oppression of Destron has been lifted and right now it feels like I can do anything. I'll make this monster waste all of its energy, I'll wear it out and make sure that your Spirit Bomb connects and that it's as strong as it can be. A good scientist leaves nothing down to chance," Gohan turned to his father with a confident smirk that assured Goku that everything was going to be alright now. With a goofy smirk and a chortle, Goku nodded his head.