Branding

"Therefore, the board wants to change the name of Satan Security back to Chayote Security," a balding man in a stiff black suit and black rim glasses concluded his presentation with a bunch of charts showing numbers that Chayote could have kept track of if she gave it a chance but willingly chose not to halfway through the meeting.

"W-Wait up a second," Mark Hercule stood up with a sweaty forehead. "This is a little bit sudden, isn't it? Do you mean you want to remove me as the head of Satan Security? I am Mark Satan!"

"Correction, Hercule-san, you WERE Mark Satan. Before you legally changed your name, consulting no one on the board or minding the effect that this change would have on the company. Ever since its founding, Chayote Security and now Satan Security rely on name recognition. Chayote-san worked hard for years to associate her name with security, you risked your life and rescued hundreds of thousands if not millions of people, associating your face and your name with security and increasing the worth of our branding more than ever before. Don't get me wrong, Satan Security is an incredibly stupid name for a private security company, but before we had your name to associate it with. Now it's just called that for no reason other than brand recognition, I suppose..." another, taller board member with broad shoulders elaborated on.

"This move just makes more sense, and, frankly, you should have been the one to propose it. Aren't you focusing on your political career now, Hercule-san?" the balding board member added. "You know you cannot hold a political position like the King of the World as well as be the president of a major private corporation, right? That'd be the motherlode of all confusion of private and public interest."

"I... I guess I hadn't thought about it that way," Mark Hercule scratched the back of his head, working his fingers through his black curly afro while sweating and chuckling nervously. The current president of Satan Security settled back down and began fiddling with his tie to make more air for himself to breathe and cool off the nervous blush of his skin. "Obviously, I don't have any problems with the company changing names. Chayote-san is just as important to this company's legacy as I am, if not more so."

Chayote stood up, forcing her chair to drag across the overpriced tiles before shoving it back to the table, closing her eyes, and shutting herself off this meeting. She was about to walk out on this annoying and pointless affair, caring very little about something as trivial as what their company is called. Mark kept telling her she doesn't have to attend every board meeting if she doesn't want to, but he guaranteed her an important spot on the board and the dividends from this position more than paid her and her family for the cost of living. And yet Chayote made time and would continue to do so as long as she's not off-world or fighting the next obsessive dirtbag threatening the Earth's safety.

In the end, Chayote was a Saiyan, and this matter, like many others, came down to her pride. She needed that exorbitant amount of money to feel self-reliant. To feel as if she could take care of herself and her son just as well, if not better if Mark Satan one day decided that she wasn't welcome in his home anymore. She couldn't stomach the charity and as long as both of them earned that ridiculous amount of money together, she felt like his equal, which made the fact that they were living under one roof feel like less of a charity. Not to mention, if she's getting paid for being an essential legacy board member of Satan Security, she had to attend every meeting. Otherwise, the fact she's getting paid all that money for nothing would make it no less charitable than it would be if Mark Satan just had her living under his roof for no reason and no part of Chayote's to play for it.

Even if she mocked Vegeta both internally and externally, for being the insecure and prideful prick that he was, maybe she had an unhealthy amount of Saiyan pride in her too. As she slowly clacked her heels to the door with a twitching right eye, feeling stress boiling up inside her, only hoping that Navy would avoid the pitfalls of Saiyan pride could keep Chayote from swelling out of her outfit and going ballistic.