Hoping for a Flawless Victory

"Why are we in a train station again? We can fly," Krillin complained, looking around an old-timey station that still ran underground trains that were updated in the age of hover cars and magnetic train technology. "I thought your brother was the one that liked to play games."

"You heard what Son Goku told us over the phone. We need to get our hands on the spawn of the Legendary Super Saiyan to hold her in line. Hercule and Videl took him away to a safe house and we can easily reach it from an underground train station at the end of the line. It must be one of the abandoned locations from when people fled cybernetic conversion," Lazuli crossed her arms and hopped into the subway tunnel, looking around to see if no trains were coming. "We can still fly, we'll just need to fly through the tunnels."

"Alright, alright... Man, if only the Legendary Super Saiyan was just one of the ordinary savages... Not to mention, her life being tied to the existence of the universe," Krillin whined out again after jumping down into the railway line and preparing to follow his fiancé down the tunnel before leathery taps came from a stairway in the back. They were loud enough for one to assume that whoever was coming wanted to be heard.

"Huh? Didn't we make everyone get out of here when we busted in?" Lazuli turned to the staircase that led from all the way up in the station before gasping. "Lapis!?" she exclaimed.

"What's up, sis?" Lapis waved his hand casually in the air after pulling it from his pocket.

"Lapis? What are you doing here? Don't you have a job to do?" Krillin tried shooing the unexpected interloper away like he was some scaredy wild dog.

"Sorry, I hope this doesn't ruin our relationship when you two get better," Lapis sighed in frustration before jumping up in the air and wrapping both his legs around Krillin's bald head. With a backward flip, he flung Krillin smashing through the ceiling and into the main station hall before extending his hand and firing an energy wave straight at Lazuli.

With a painful grunt, Lazuli extended her hands to stop the energy wave in its tracks, but the wave didn't explode at first. The artificial woman entered a power struggle against the destructive energy wave while Lapis turned it upward and swept Lazuli multiple floors through the ceiling and crashed her into the top of the station building. While Krillin and Lazuli coughed and dusted themselves off, Lapis elevated himself through the collapsed station hall floor to where the two infected fighters were.

"Tsk, I've got no clue what's gotten into you, but I'm glad you're here," Lazuli smirked while patting down her platinum blond hair for handfuls of pebbles and dust to fall out. "I couldn't easily reach you when you were all isolated on your mystery island. I always intended for us to serve Baby-sama together."

"Hmm... Chayote was right, you're really off your rocker. The Lazuli I know would never be excited to serve anyone but herself," Lapis observed, rolling his knuckles and taking a fighting pose.

"You're insane, Lapis," Krillin smirked with a malicious look on his face. "You've grown incredibly strong with your infinite stamina not impeding your training, sure, but you don't stand a chance against both of us. Not to mention, all we actually need is even a tiny scratch..."

"Just a scratch?" Lapis dropped his guard while he processed what he just heard. Using this opening, Krillin reached for his forehead with his open hands and closed his eyes.

"Solar Fist!" he yelled out, casting a blinding flash of light. Lapis reeled back, scolding himself for dropping his guard and leaving himself wide open for an attack.

Before Lapis could return to his defense, Krillin dashed at him with a driving elbow slam to the side of his head. Sweeping with his leg, Krillin forced Lapis to take flight while the bald martial artist slipped the response of a semi-blinded and still irritated Lapis for a devastating cross to Lapis' solar plexus that snapped Lapis out of it with the sheer force channeled into the strike and made his body resonate with pain far surpassing the irritation in his eyes from Krillin's Solar Fist.