Doll Again

The golden mane of the deep-blue lion lit up with bright light, expelling electric jolts from each separate strand of hair and creating a considerable lightning storm in the core chamber of Planet Luud. Android 16 placed his arms out in front of him, but the resonating electricity was too much for him to defend against, not to mention not something that could just be easily blocked. Twitching and jerking at the mercy of the uncompromising current, the cumbersome Android fell down onto a low-hanging platform from which he trailed with smoke.

"Gebo!" Android 21 called out with desperation in her voice. It wasn't often that she dropped the façade of control and gave in to emotion, though hurting her family was one of the premier ways of achieving this result. The mechanical beast plummeted down, slamming its paw against Android 16 while the rest of its paws held itself etched onto the vertical walls of the core chamber and suspended above an abyssal drop. The mechanical lion opened its jaws and reared its sabertooth fangs but before it could blast Android 16 away point-blank with a mouth energy blast, Dr. Puri came in from above with a diving kick.

Kicking off of the stunned beast, Android 21 flipped backward, gliding through the air and positioning herself above it with an arm raised over her head. Bright crimson energy began seeping into her open hand. While Android 21 couldn't quite absorb any of these Machine Mutants, with them being a living synthetic race rather than simple machines she could merge with, that didn't mean that Dr. Puri couldn't use the machinery and gadgets present in this cybernetic facility, and drain its power to bolster her blasts. Seeing these cultists feeding energy into something massive just like a standard Spirit Bomb gave Artificial Human No. 21 this very idea.

"Wh-What's going on? Our tech is freaking out!" the cloaked cardinal of this Luud Star cult dropped his attention from the cruel Super Android putting the hurt on him and focused it all on the malfunctioning and short-circuiting tech around him that fed red energy bolts to Dr. Puri's energy ball.

"Total Detonation Ball!" Artificial Human No. 21 chanted out, throwing her hand down and directing the massive red and black energy ball to hurl toward the reeling mechanical lion. Howling, the mechanical beast took the blast head-on and flew back into the abyss down below. Dr. Puri corrected her spectacles, feeling like this wasn't the last they'd seen of this hardy and savage beast.

"Mother..." Artificial Human No. 16 sat up, shaking his head to snap out of the daze and malfunctioning sensory input caused by the physical beating he took.

"Stop fooling around, Gebo. You've received my upgrades earlier on the ship, assimilate them already and transform into a Super Android. I won't stand seeing you getting hurt," the artificial woman scolded her son with a strict and scolding look.

"I... I'd rather not," No. 16 replied before standing up on his own and cracking his neck to each side to get the feel of his mechanical body again and run complex system diagnostics to determine which of his functions were crashing and in need of repairs after this conflict ended.

"What do you mean, you'd rather not?" Dr. Puri lashed out, losing some of her cool again. "I'm your mother, aren't I? Don't you trust my judgment about what's best for you?"

"Sorry, mother. I love you just like you love us, but... I've come to learn from Son Gohan that someone isn't meant to be what their parents want them to become. It's up to someone to define their own path in life themselves, even if they take their parents' advice to mind," Android 16 explained himself before hearing clamoring roars from down the abyssal hatch of the core room. "I have nothing but respect and love for you, mother, but I'm not yet sure if becoming a Super Android is what I want for me... I'm not sure if I'm okay assimilating the parts of another Android just like me to fuel that transformation, to delete the essence of another being just like me just to become stronger. I don't think I believe in the strength that is achieved through such means."