Gohan and Videl Go To The Movies

Clouds blitzed past Chayote's sides as she sped up through the skies toward the God Temple in the Sacred Land of Korin. She hoped that Baby's parasites hadn't yet reached Kami Upa, though he might have been the very first person to be infected. After all, he was the reigning Kami of Planet Earth. Controlling him would have given Baby's crew unparalleled access to everything Earth offered and all of Kami Upa's sorcery.

In the middle of her flight, Chayote froze up and turned her attention to the east. Somewhere in the vast metropolis of the East City, Gohan, and Videl's Ki were elevating. Chayote could sense Son Goku's energy there as well. Chi-Chi's too. All of it indicated that some combination of those four might have been fighting another. It could have been Videl and Gohan fighting Goku and Chi-Chi or some even wilder conflict. Dr. Puri had already signed Goku off to the side of the infected.

Chayote gritted her teeth and clenched her fists. She should've just turned away and flown off to the God Temple. There was no use in pursuing side quests and saving anyone. As long as she secured the Super Holy Water and handed it to Super Artificial Human No. 21, all the infected would return to normal. A meek energy signature was moving toward the East City too. When they last parted, there was a bit of a fight between Chayote and Mark, with the latter being dead-set on finding Videl and learning if she was infected or not.

"That asshole's gonna get himself killed!" Chayote looked down and shook her head, struggling against her own better judgment to just fly to the God Temple and take what she needed to get. That was the only important conflict here.

Grunting loudly, Chayote darted off toward East City, having resolved to save Mark's life since it was doubtful that Baby would have spared a second thought and spent the time needed to infect him when he could just crush Hercule like a bug. Granted, Chayote wasn't entirely sure what Baby's end goal here was, but she couldn't leave Hercule's life up to a chance when he was so important for her future and the future of Navy.

*****

Gohan stared at a giant screen with a face that he had stretched wide in all directions. All the way in front of him in a drive-in theatre there was an afternoon screening of a chilling horror movie and while Gohan didn't have a car and Videl wasn't yet old enough to drive either of hers, the pair had settled above the filled square of parked cars sitting on the Kinto cloud and watching the grim happenings on the screen.

Whereas the scene of a young adult playing a teenager nestled in his bed and shaking in fear while glimpsing at the shadow of a haunting figure at the corner of his room at night had Gohan covering his mouth and shaking in fear, Videl looked baffled by the scene more than anything. While the haunting moonlit scene transpired on the big screen, Videl gently poked Gohan on the side, making him jump up and exclaim in terror.

"Are you insane!?" he shrieked out at Videl, earning a few wayward stares from the young couples and people with nothing better to do gathering at the drive-in movie session. At first, the folks were stunned and unable to believe the sight of two teens seated atop of a magical golden cloud up in the air over their heads, but, as with many things in life, the youths grew accustomed to the pair. "I could've had a heart attack! This is where the tension's straight choking me up," Gohan whined out in complaint.

"I don't understand how you can be scared by something like an actress in a messy wig, pale makeup, wrapped in unwashed old-time bedsheets, Gohan-kun," Videl scratched her blushing cheek with a cringing curve to her lips. "You're one of the strongest people in the universe. Haven't you fought actual demons?"

"Well..." Gohan looked up with a sense of pure and childish bewilderment while raking his black, spiky hair. "I guess, but movies are different. You get so enthralled by these lifelike effects that you root for these characters and don't want them to get hurt. You really feel bad for how weak and helpless they are. It's difficult to keep myself from trying to jump into the screen, somehow, and try to save them."