Gohan's Driving Lessons

Goku let out a battle cry as he ripped through the vast white void of the Room of Spirit and Time, slamming his elbow into Piccolo's cheek, shocking the Ultimate Namekian warrior with his speed. Piccolo recovered just in time to hop over Goku's Dragon Tail sweep and caught Goku running right hook, but despite pushing his right arm in the way of Goku's flawless middle kick, the kick blasted through the block and sent Piccolo flying and dragging across the white void of the training realm.

"What's the matter?" Goku punched his open hand before entering his fighting stance again. From the serious look on his face, one would have assumed that he was facing a mortal enemy in battle right now. "This training won't be any good if we half-ass it. Get yourself together."

"You've got some nerve taunting me, the embodiment of all Namekian warriors!" Piccolo hissed out, clenching his arms together and exploding with a murky green aura that burned all around him and made the Room of Spirit and Time change its weather to a fiery draught that spat dancing arcs of infernal blazes across the horizon.

Piccolo took off, entering Goku's effective range with a slide kick. Goku rolled over his opponent and turned around to answer his horizontal knife-edge smack with an elbow to Piccolo's wrist, which perfectly halted Piccolo's attack. The two erupted with a heated exchange of blows, electrifying the atmosphere enough to cause calamitous thunderbolts to spill out from the mystical skies of the Room of Spirit and Time. After mirroring each other's movements with a knee strike, hooks that came from both sides, and double headbutts, the two skidded apart.

Pressing his arms to his sides, Goku bellowed out and burst with a violent golden aura, with sparkling electric crackles around it. His hair sharpened and became even wilder than the usual Super Saiyan transformation he had before. Piccolo didn't expect Goku to use the Super Saiyan 2 transformation, which was for the longest time assumed to have something to do with the Saiyan royal bloodline before Goku debunked that theory by achieving it himself. Then again, maybe he expected to master this form during his stay in the Room of Spirit and Time with Piccolo's help.

"Kamehameha!" Goku cried out, displaying forceful fury in his expression that pushed Piccolo into a corner mentally. He pressed his arms together, powered up to the max, and braced for impact. The washing typhoon of energy felt like trying to root oneself in the ground against the relentless tide of a tsunami. Somehow, Piccolo managed it, however, seeing his state after withstanding this attack made Piccolo wonder if he'd have been better off surrendering to the flow of the energy wave and getting blasted away rather than resisting it.

"You're really going all-out... If you're this serious about this training, you should have agreed with my offer to take in a third training partner!" Piccolo wheezed out while smoldering with black smoke from all across his swollen to peak tensity muscles. Goku's Kamehameha had utterly blown off most of his gi.

"There's no use in doing that. Chayote's already decided on entering the room with Navy, Chi-Chi might be able to keep up with us by straining herself with King Kai's Fist, but... That would be torturous training for her. She'll be much better off training Goten on her own. Meanwhile, Videl and Sharpner will get much more use out of training with Kami Upa and Mr. Popo than entering the Room of Spirit and Time at this point in their martial arts journey," Goku explained without dropping his wrathful glare for a second. Seeing Goku breaking it down like that almost made it look like the furious Super Saiyan was returning the favor for Piccolo's doubts about his devotion to the training through physical violence. "Gohan would have been a fine partner, but he's off to King Kai's. Learning King Kai's new techniques is an opportunity too sweet for us to pass up right now."

"Hmph..." Piccolo finally relaxed his strained muscles and reset his fighting stance from the hunkered-down ball of pain that Goku's destructive energy wave reduced him to. After rolling his knuckles, he adopted a fighting stance again. "You're seriously hindering the Earth's defensive potential by splitting us up into three waves of training partners instead of just two. Goten could have trained with Videl and Sharpner, Chi-Chi could have entered with us, and then, we'd have been switching between two pairs as opposed to three. You better not disappoint and flatten Cell in this fancy new form of yours, or else our poor performance will be on you!"