A Day In Norimaki Residence

Videl and Trunks swooped down in front of a simple rural village home that looked little how either of them would've imagined the home of a grand inventor to look. The house had a white board fence and was put together from wooden boards dyed plain white. The structure had a primitive straw roof as well. The only thing about this house yelling exceptional was the fact that it was just about the only house in the entire exuberant art piece that was Penguin Village that looked even remotely normal.

"Wow! I still can't believe you two can just fly like that!" Akane scratched her head, looking up at Videl who still hovered in mid-air after placing the passenger down on the ground by the entryway to Norimaki Residence. "Are you sure you're not aliens or Androids or something weird like that?"

"I told you already, we're not Androids!" Trunks yelled back with audible irritation in his voice. This made Akane take a step back and Tsukutsun take a step forward, letting his girlfriend slip behind him while he placed himself in between the superhuman boy and his frightened girlfriend.

"Don't mind him," Videl shook her hand in dismissal. "It's just that the entire world was under the control of Puri & Co and its Artificial Human army. It's a sensitive subject to Trunks-kun because of how much work had to go into restoring peace."

"Huh? Androids taking over the world?" Tsukutsun scratched his head. "Sorry, I think we would have noticed something like that. I mean... Sure... Dr. Mashirito and his Caramel Men caused us some trouble in the past, but nowadays Arale and Obotchaman are the only Androids around. Then again, Arale is the mayor now and Obotchaman serves as her assistant, so many people in Penguin Village have no clue that either of them is an Android."

"Huh? You mean you've never had to fight Artificial Humans!?" Videl gasped in shock.

"No way, Arale's pretty tough, she'd have smacked their butts if one ever tried something funny here in Penguin Village..." Akane laughed out full of false courage. She certainly looked happy and safe enough.

"I guess it's possible that someone strong enough to slap the Androids around would have been here all this time," Trunks scratched his chin after planting his feet firmly on the ground. "After all, if this Arale and Obotchaman are both Androids, there'd have been no way for anyone to sense their Ki all the way here. It's possible that nobody ever met them that way."

"I think that this is merely the case of us appearing in a different dimension," Videl pointed out. "The Artificial Humans may not have known about this place or had any data about it."

"That's true!" Trunks smacked his open hand with his left. "Dr. Puri stole a lot of mom's data to put her plan together. Since mom never knew about this place, neither did Dr. Puri!"

"Oh, hey, you two. What's this whole thing going on about different dimensions? Has the Reality Machine gone haywire again?" a short and chubby man past his prime with black, messy hair and a fickle mustache appeared from the residence yard and opened the fence gate.

"Dr. Norimaki!" Tsukutsun greeted the scientist with a respectful bow. Videl and Trunks joined in out of courtesy while Akane just tipped her chin in a very rash and delinquent type of greeting.

"Yo, old perv," she croaked. "These two are pretty weird. They've met Aoi earlier and, apparently, they can fling cars around and bully Sourman. Apparently, both of them can fly too. They're here to ask you to check a gizmo of theirs or something..."

"Calling me an old perv is so mean, Akane-chan!" Norimaki shook his fist over his head. "You used to be a whole lot more polite before."

"You get what you deserve, don't cha, old perv? You've been married to teech Midori for ages, yet you still got grabby with me that one time..." Akane crossed her arms with a pouty sneer directed at the short inventor.