Separation Anxiety

Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta thrust his finger, shooting off a wave-sized pink finger beam at Chayote, all the while sneering sadistically in her direction. Without breaking her crossed arms, Chayote vanished, appearing high in the air, but Baby Vegeta was already looming behind her with his hands open and clenching around her fast.

At last, having resolved to use her arms, Chayote spread them and blasted two energy waves that slammed directly into the clapping hands and forced Baby Vegeta to wrestle against their pushback before the resulting detonation forced the hands of the Golden Great Ape open. With her arms raised over her head, Chayote burst enveloped in a golden aura and slammed into Baby Vegeta's round belly, denting it like a bullet before forcing inertia to throw the colossal beast flying away from her.

"Legendary Super Saiyan!" the Golden Great Ape howled, clenching his fists and thrashing them up and down because of his failure to get his hands on Chayote. "You represent all the worst qualities of the Saiyan people! Unrestrained wrath, pointless brutality, seeking only conflict and violence, a challenge to selfishly build up your own self and seek limitless power for no reason other than power itself!"

"Calm down, man, we've literally just met," Chayote moaned, wondering if this titan would keep running his mouth the whole time instead of doing what his size and shape suggested that he was the best at and smashing everything around him.

"I don't need to know you! I know your genes!" Baby bellowed while charging forward to thrash with his arms and legs like a big baby. The problem was that, given his size and tremendous power, even such elementary movements were dangerous. Just as Chayote began positioning herself to plunge down and rip Baby Vegeta's tail out to return him to his adult form, the golden-furred beast turned its snout around and breathed flames out.

Chayote gritted her teeth and crossed her arms up in front of her, the fake-out was far too sudden and well-timed to avoid so she had to tough it out. Flames felt like they were creeping up every single pore of Chayote's skin. There was no other feeling except for the heat and the scalding burn of being enveloped in a tidal wave of devouring flames. Had Chayote's Ki not coated her body and rushed to protect it from harm, she'd have been burnt to a skeletal crisp in a snap. Not even the core of the sun felt like it would have a scorch like this pumping through it.

Just when the pain began feeling unbearable, it all vanished, giving way to an uncomfortable and stuffy heatwave. Panting and short of air, Chayote dipped her blocking hands down with her clothes lightly torn in some places where her Ki failed to coat them and wearing a handful of bruises and light burns all across her body. Baby looked pleased with his success in catching the fabled Saiyan warrior off-guard.

"Rushing for my tail already? So predictable..." the golden beast snarled in mockery. "Now that I've subjugated Vegeta's consciousness and tolerate peering into it from time to time, I know how you think, and how you fight and I'm aware of all your weaknesses, as well as those of my own!"

"Sorry, I'm all out of medals to give. Budget cuts and all that," Chayote scratched her neck underneath the collar of her lightly singed shirt before putting her dukes up and declaring her intention to stay in the fight against the titanic monster.

Golden Great Ape Baby Vegeta snapped his jaws wide open, breathing out a violet energy beam from his mouth. Chayote tensed up and dashed aside, but Baby Vegeta dragged his head across, scanning the devastating beam across the horizon and igniting a cascade of dome-shaped explosions all around the surface of the Big Gete Star. After feeling the mouth blast breathing in her back, Chayote flipped over her back and began shooting into the air.

"Predictable!" Baby Vegeta bawled out, looming above Chayote with both his feet raised in the air after an impressive jump for someone his size. The Golden Great Ape swatted his hand down, catching Chayote's back and flattening her against the ground. After landing on the surface of the Big Gete Star again, Baby Vegeta slammed his hand into the surface and dragged it across, ripping its surface open like some ordinary tin can and sifting through communication towers, laboratory chambers, mechanical rooms, and, somewhere in between all that building-sized heaps of junk–Chayote.