216 - 218

Chapter 216

  "Teacher!"

  Qi Run felt that the floor seemed to be shaking.

  Cheng Ci raised his head and glanced at the dim cave, only to see that the originally dark area on the ceiling suddenly lit up with thousands of light spots.

  The pairs were so crowded together that it made people's skin crawl.

  "Why so many?"

  Qi Run's face was ugly. This space was already slightly dark, but they didn't realize that there was a large area of ​​disaster insects hidden on the ceiling just now.

  They moved quickly, climbed along the wall, and finally slid on the ground, rushing towards the three of them quickly.

  Cheng Ci raised his hand without changing his expression, and erected vine walls made of wooden vines to block the incoming disaster insects. He grabbed the arms of Jie Xingzhou and Qi Run and ran out.

  "These are all daughter worms. There must be a female worm in this cave, otherwise it would be impossible to reproduce so many disaster worms."

  Cheng Ci explained as he ran.

  Qi Run nodded thoughtfully and turned to look at Jie Xingzhou, who had his head lowered and looked confused, "Hey, are you okay, kid?"

  Jie Xingzhou raised his head and glanced at him coldly, then turned away and said nothing.

  Seeing this arrogant posture, Qi Run frowned and couldn't help but want to kick him from the air. He didn't know why, but this arrogance and the energy that made him very uncomfortable seemed a bit familiar.

 Cheng Ci stared straight ahead, his steps getting slower and slower until he suddenly stopped.

  Qi Run opened his eyes wide and looked at the dark passage in front of him, which was completely blocked and could not see the way out. He was so angry that he kicked the wall hard, "Damn, it's actually a dead end."

  Cheng Ci frowned: "It shouldn't be."

  Xie Xingzhou suppressed the itch in his throat, glanced back, and whispered: "They are catching up."

  Qi Run grinded his teeth and said, "Hey, Jie, you are strong anyway, how about blowing this wall open? Maybe we can find a way out unexpectedly."

  Jie Xingzhou stared at Qi Run with an expression of "Are you kidding me?"

  Qi Run scratched his head, "Then what do you think we should do?"

  Xie Xingzhou took out something packed with a bamboo stick from his clothes. When he saw the dense insects crawling quickly on the ground and rushing toward them, he suddenly lit it with a lighter and threw the thing in his hand.

  "Hey! You madman!" Qi Run couldn't stop him in time. "You threw gunpowder in a place like this, do you want to burn us together?"

  The stick of gunpowder was thrown out of the air and landed in the center of a large swarm of disaster insects. The fire spread quickly, and the smell of roasted meat could be smelled in the air instantly.

  Xie Xingzhou: "It's just an improved version of a small gunpowder stick, it won't explode."

  Cheng Ci narrowed his eyes, "They are afraid of fire? How do you know?"

  Xie Xingzhou: "I've met him before."

  Cheng Ciyi pointed out: "It seems that you have been to many places like this before."