151

Chapter 151

  Cheng Ci's ears felt hot, and he stared in silence for a long time before reacting. He shakily pulled his feet back, trembled his lips and stuttered: "Yes, I'm sorry!"

  Ji Ling glanced back and forth between the two of them ambiguously, covering his mouth and snickering: "It doesn't matter, I understand everything. I understand."

  Cheng Ci raised his forehead and wanted to dig a hole and bury it. Even though he has dug countless holes for himself in the past few days.

  The farce here quickly attracted Dean Qi's attention. She stared at Cheng Ci's red cheeks and smiled kindly.

  "Captain Su, please eat more if you like. You're welcome."

  Gu Xichen nodded with a cold face.

  Cheng Ci's eyes flew across the dining table, and the corners of his mouth twitched unnaturally.

  Having said that, the recipes clearly displayed on the dining table are... too light.

  What about millet and spinach porridge, boss fish stewed with tofu, cold shredded carrots, lettuce and fried shrimps, boiled chicken, etc. Cheng Ci looked around and couldn't find any chili peppers.

  Cheng Ci frowned. He really didn't understand. What was the fun of eating for these people every day?

  Ah, on days without chili, I feel so lonely in my stomach.

  "kid."

  Dean Qi wiped his mouth gracefully with a tissue and looked at Cheng Ci with a smile.

  "ah?"

  Cheng Ci was poking at the egg custard in the bowl with his chopsticks. He was kicked by Ji Ling before he realized that Dean Qi was calling him.

  "What, what's wrong?"

  "Is the food not to your liking?"

  Dean Qi's warm gaze fell on Cheng Ci inquiringly.

  "No, no." Cheng Cigan smiled and shook his head, "I just ate a little too much in the past two days, and I'm not very hungry yet."

  Dean Qi nodded, "Did you use the gift I gave you satisfactorily?"

  Cheng Ci pulled out a red string from his chest, held the lavender stone and said with a smile, "It's good. My sleep has gotten better in the past two days. Thank you, Dean Qi."

  "You're welcome. If you still need anything, let Xiaoqin send someone to buy supplies."

After Dean Qi finished speaking, almost everyone at the table stopped looking at Cheng Ci.

  Cheng Ci moved his stool towards Gu Xichen awkwardly.

  He could vaguely hear the whispers of the group of people.

  "What is this man's background?"

  "I heard he's a friend of Dr. Ji from the mercenary base in Area A."

  "A person from Area A, why is the dean so nice to him?"

  "Hush - you dare to guess what the dean is thinking, don't you want to live?"

  "..."

  Gu Xichen looked up, his expression lazy and slow, but the cold look in his eyes silenced most of the people.

  Cheng Ci lowered his head and suddenly felt a pair of arms coming around from under his body, hugging his waist without restraint, and caressing him from top to bottom soothingly.