71 - 75

Chapter 71

  As night fell, Cheng Ci stared at the light from the street lights refracting in from the window, feeling increasingly anxious.

  "Captain Su, when will the rescue team come? Is it reliable?"

  "It's impossible for our people to ferry over in large numbers, but the people at the base station should contact Commander Huo here to request support. It's hard to say whether they will be willing to help."

  Xiong Zhou leaned against the wall and yawned lazily.

  Huo Yan, who was lying in Cheng Ci's arms and playing with his hair, suddenly paused for a second when he heard this, his small round eyes flashing with a strange light.

  Su Junyu smiled dryly and said: "That's right for now."

  Cheng Ci was stunned when he heard this.

  "Does that mean there won't necessarily be support at all?"

  Su Junyu coughed lightly and said, "If necessary, we will take action directly. For now, let's try to delay it as long as possible."

  Cheng Ci was speechless and choked.

  "By the way." Su Junyu suddenly thought of something and looked at Cheng Ci, "Xiao Cheng, I haven't found Master Qin Taishan all the way here. Have you encountered him? He seemed to have disappeared while on the boat."

  Huo Yan raised his head suddenly, and both father and son were shocked at the same time.

  Cheng Ci felt a chill creep up his neck. It was really not a good memoir.

  However, Su Junyu obviously didn't know that Qin Taishan was dead. What about Tong Lan?

  Cheng Ci subconsciously turned his eyes to Tong Lan. He didn't know what happened after he was pushed down.

  Tong Lan avoided his gaze and pursed her red lips.

  Cheng Ci was instantly sure that Tong Lan should know something, such as how Qin Taishan mutated, but she did not tell Su Junyu.

  "Xiao Cheng?"

  Su Junyu called Cheng Ci out of his daze.

  "Ah? Ah!" Cheng Ci raised his eyes in panic. He was debating whether or not to tell them about killing Captain Su and their client.

  "Xiao Cheng, do you know something?" Su Junyu's fox eyes were indeed a good way to peer into people's hearts, and Cheng Ci's thoughts were instantly seen through.

  "Captain Su, please come closer. This is what happened..."

  Cheng Ci glanced at Mrs. Qin who was not far away, then lowered his head and leaned close to Su Junyu's ear.

  He had to tell Su Junyu what happened in the ancient town that day. Xiong Zhou listened and wanted to stand up and pat his thighs.

  "What?! Mr. Qin -"

  Su Junyu glanced at Xiongzhou coldly. Xiongzhou closed his mouth instantly when he saw Mrs. Qin, and just muttered: "It's over, it's over, I won't be scolded to death when I go back."

  Cheng Ci smiled bitterly and said, "Is it a lot of trouble?"

  Xiong Zhou: "Nonsense, do you know whose son he is?"

  Cheng Ci: "...I'm sorry."

  Su Junyu cleared his mind and shook his head, "It's not your fault. After all, there is no better way to handle the situation."