154

Chapter 154

  Cheng Ci was stunned for a moment, then relaxed the hand covering his ears, "I just... got hurt accidentally."

  Gu Xichen's deep eyes fell on the blood-stained right ear, and he could hardly suppress the violence around him, "No, is your heart hurt at all?"

  He spoke slowly, then touched Cheng Ci's ear with his cool fingers and rubbed it gently, with traces of blood on his fingertips.

Tan Cong felt a cold breath fall on him.

  "He did it?"

  Gu Xichen clenched his fingers, and Tan Cong trembled all over, and was forced to take two steps back by the cold gaze.

  He felt that Gu Xichen's fist was about to hit his face.

  "No, it's not."

  Cheng Ci couldn't help but pulled Gu Xichen's arm and shook his head gently, "It has nothing to do with Assistant Tan."

  Gu Xichen's expression softened slightly.

  Qin Cong coughed lightly and said, "Mr. Xiong, if you guys talk, I'll leave first."

  Cheng Ci looked at Tan Cong's leaving figure, and then he relaxed and reached out to hold Gu Xichen's arm, half of his body almost falling on the man.

  "Don't make trouble." Gu Xichen frowned and raised his head, while one hand was still cleaning Cheng Ci's injured ear. After the ear bone was wiped dry, a clear tooth mark was left.

  "Who bit it?"

  Gu Xichen took a deep breath, his pupils filled with anger that could not be concealed.

  "Before I answer, Master, please answer me first, why are you here now?" Cheng Ci hugged the person's arm, tears welling up in his eyes pitifully.

  Gu Xichen gently rubbed Cheng Ci's head, "Pei Xun and I have been to the secret passage, but the guards there are too strict. Tonight is not a good time to take action. You don't have to think too much. I told you that you never It's not my burden."

  Cheng Ci breathed a sigh of relief and smiled again, "Fortunately, you didn't do anything tonight, Master. I made a big discovery today."

  Gu Xichen: "Huh?"

  Cheng Ci took a deep breath: "I met Xing Ye today."

  Gu Xichen narrowed his eyes: "That old witch took you to prison?"

  Cheng Ci nodded, and what Xing Ye said suddenly rang in his ears, and he began to feel hesitant for a few seconds.

  "What's wrong?"

  "I'll go back and talk to you in detail."

  Cheng Ci took Gu Xichen's arm and smiled softly.

  He turned his eyes and glanced at the portraits hanging on the walls of the gallery. He paused and walked over involuntarily.

  Looking from left to right, Cheng Ci saw Dean Qi at the top.

  The portrait was a bit old, and it looked like it was not from recent years, but the portrait with white hair inside was exactly the same as the current Dean Qi, and had hardly changed.

  Cheng Ci also saw a few familiar faces, all of whom he had met at the banquet tonight, including several older and more prestigious doctors.

  Gu Xichen folded his arms and looked on coldly, "I would rather put a high hat on myself."