16 - 20

Chapter 16

  Several zombies appeared behind the vehicle like ghosts. Cheng Ci reacted quickly and squatted down. He raised his hands over Huo Yan's legs and let him stand on the roof of the car.

  "Stand still, don't come down."

  Huo Yan sat down on the roof of the car, holding the little bear in his arms and trembling with fear.

  "Uncle Cheng..."

  "obedient."

  After Cheng Ci finished speaking, he turned around and bumped into a zombie brother head-on.

  It was a zombie brother with a gold chain around his neck and brand-name clothes all over his body. He looked like a nouveau riche at first glance.

  He stretched out his rotten claws and hugged Cheng Ci's shoulders, biting his head fiercely.

  Then, a steel tooth hit the plastic trash can, making a "crunch" sound.

  "Brother, do you like it? I'll give it to you!"

  Cheng Ci smiled slightly, reached out and covered the zombie's head with the trash can with a corner chewed off, and then got out from under him like a loach.

"Ouch~"

  An angry roar came from behind.

  "Bye bye!"

 Cheng Ci stood up with a smile, but the next second, when he raised his head, he came face to face with another half of his face.

  A zombie whose face was covered in blood and who had obviously recently decomposed.

  "Hello...hello?"

  Cheng Ci tilted his head and smiled, but his legs shook uncontrollably.

  The zombie grabbed Cheng Ci's shoulder and swung it out hard.

  "Ahem..."

  Cheng Ci's whole body was instantly blown away, and his back hit the car door heavily.

  At that moment, he had the urge to cough up blood in his chest.

  "Uncle Cheng!"

  Huo Yan jumped anxiously on the roof of the car, but couldn't get off. He was surrounded by zombies trying to grab his ankles.

  But the zombies in the basement were obviously only elementary zombies. They could only reach out stiffly, but they couldn't reach them.

  "Yanyan, be good. Uncle is fine. Don't move."

  Cheng Ci shook his head and stood up.

  "Ouch~"

  A zombie rushed over and tried to bite his face. Cheng Ci gritted his teeth, tightened the dagger in his hand, and thrust the knife into the zombie's throat. Blood spurted out and spread all over his face.

  Without any hesitation, he started running wildly in the parking lot.

  When he was in college, he never passed the 2,000-meter mark, but now, his legs seemed to have wings, and he instantly left a group of zombies behind.

  In the parking lot, the zombies chased after him with all their strength, their tired tongues hanging out, but they still stared at the prey relentlessly.

  "*!"

  Cheng Ci walked among the vehicles with tears streaming down his face, but he didn't dare to stop.