56. Cold

Mika had cried herself to sleep on her pops lap. She was so worried and scared, but had told them everything. The adults in this house were in shock at what they had heard. Keegan spoke quietly as Mika slept on him.
"I'm confronting her tonight... the others have pulled her into a family intervention t meeting that she is unaware of... they text and asked me to come... I'm gonna go, but who is to say she is gonna show up...." He looked at Kat and Josh. "until I know she is dealt with... let Mika stay at the house with me and C...

"I can look after my daughter

"Kat please don't think that this is a dig at you...it's most definitely not about that." Keegan said. "it is more about the fact that if Peyton doesn't turn up to this family meeting that we're holding tonight... then we don't know where she will be, she will be expecting these drugs from Mika tomorrow and as it stands she has an injunction out against charisma, so she's not gonna go anywhere near her... Mika will be safe there..."

Josh nodded to Kat. "She'll be with mom.. let us sort Payton out and keep her away from her... as soon as she dealt with Mika can come home.."

"Okay." Kat said. "Charisma can I come and stay too, cos I don't wanna be away from my baby..."

"Of course you can.. it's not about keeping her away from you.. it's just about keeping her safe there has obviously been a lot going on and what Payton has put her through is more than too much..." Charisma kissed her little forehead. "This one has been through more than enough already without this.."

"Are you okay with me going too?." Kat said to Josh.

"Yeah..." he looked at his father. "I am gonna kill her dad.. I swear Payton is dead.." he said, with meaning especially after what Mika had told them since Keegan and Charisma had arrived.

———-

Chloe opened the door to see Lamar looking at her. She quickly plumped her hair and smiled. "Are you supposed to be seeing the kids?."

"No... not tonight..." he sighed. "I need to talk to you" he said.

She stood back and let him through

She stood back and let him through. He followed her through to the kitchen. He ruffled his son's hair as he did his homework at the table and Aimee ran over to give him a hug.
"How can I help you?.." she asked him.