40. Sense of loss

".... Dad..." Christopher said sitting next to him on the sofa.

"What is it son?.."

"Are you and mom... ever going to get back together.." he asked him.

Lamar looked at him

Lamar looked at him. "I don't know is the simple answer... adult stuff is complicated... I miss being with you and yo sister everyday.. but I do not stop thinking about you and Aimee... me and yo momma we just.." he shook his head. "I can't even tell you what went wrong or why...

"She talks about you all the time... to Demi.. sometimes she gets upset, other times she is so angry... Uncle Del, he came by the other day... she was different after he left... she was so angry. Me and Aimee stayed out of her way....

"Uncle Del?... why did he want to speak to yo mom?." He asked.

"I don't know, they went into a separate room and shut the door so that nobody could hear them, but their voices were still very loud..." he said. "Even Demi didn't know why..."

He furrowed his brow. " Let me know if he comes again, and also I want to know how yo mama acts after he's left..." he said, wondering what he would need to see her for.

————-

Demi looked at Chloe as she came down the stairs. "How is the headache?.."

"Demi Please... I'm not in the mood..." she said sitting down with her thick fluffy robe wrapped around her.

" she said sitting down with her thick fluffy robe wrapped around her

"The kids are back later today...

"I know.. and I'll be fine by then..."

"What was Delroy here for the other day?.."
Chloe looked at her and looked away again.
"Why is my dead beat dad coming to see you?.."

"Will you just leave me ALONE!." Chloe snapped and headed back upstairs. Her outbursts were strange, her drinking had crept up over the last few months and it all seemed to coincide with her uncle coming around.

Chloe got upstairs and she saw a couple of derogatory texts from Devin. She saw one from Lamar which made her stomach flip. She read his message eagerly,