11. Shocks and upsets

"... oh god!.." Charisma looked at Keegan and she felt an overwhelming sadness as well as guilt.

"C, what is it?.."

"Zara... she's... she's dead...

He furrowed his brow. "What..

"It was on the news

"It was on the news.. her body was found washed up in the river.. she has been murdered...

Keegan just held Charisma as she broke on him. "I should have done more... who would kill her... oh my god no!..."

"Charisma... look at me...
She looked at him, sobbing her heart out.
"You are taking on too much okay, let me handle this... I'm doing fine.. and the more I have to keep me busy the better I feel... let me help you..."

"But I don't want anything to happen to you either... cos I need you here with me.."

"Wrapping me in cotton wool isn't gonna help... I need adrenaline pumping through my veins.. that will keep me here and alive... now, I'm a handle this Zara shit... and I'm a take care of Chloe... I will also work with Tian and Dinah on my side of the business... we will both be here for Payton... and I will leave you to handle The Marx's and Charlotte cos you and her need to get better at yo relationship...

"And what about Orion... he's in the hold?..."

"I'll handle him too... and check in on Lani, I don't want her going off the rails again either.... You concentrate on helping dad with his business and dealing with yo own...

She looked at him. "You're looking at me like I can't cope...

"C!.. I know you can cope... but this is a lot right now... even I've never run 3 organisations before... you're doing great and I love you... but you need help so accept it..." he lifted her chin, and looked in her eyes before he laid a kiss on her lips. "You've also got my ass to keep satisfied... which I will be very much expecting from you later... so let some shit go and let people help you..."

She smiled at him. "You're so sweet right now... I don't know you this way...

"Well, get used to it...

"Chloe will love this sweet thug.. you need to not be this nice and you need to be careful to not make her anymore dough eyed than she already is"

"Don't you worry I'm a come at her different and dig deep into my dark side, just for her.." he smiled. "The tiny bit of love that shines through this heart is all yours..."

"You have a lot of love Keegan... especially for your kids... let's go and see Payton and sign her admission documents... I need her to be well for that baby girl.."

—————

Lena took Jenson a sandwich. She placed it on the bedside table as he came out of the bathroom. "And just where are you going?."