55. Scared

Charisma reluctantly stayed in bed, watching TV, she was itching to get out of bed and do something, but she knew that Keegan would not let her budge. So, she indulged in chocolate and cuddles with her pampered pooch Rainbow. She heard her cell phone ring next to her on the bedside table, she picked it up and she could see that it was an unknown number. She answered the call but kept quiet.
"Nana?" A quiet voice said.

"Who's this?."

"It's me.. Mika...

"Hey baby girl, how are you?

"Hey baby girl, how are you?... and how can I help you?"

"do you love me, Nana?."

"of course, I love you, why do you ask?"
Charisma put her on speaker and text Josh.

Mom
Mika is calling me from this number?

She attached the number in a link and sent it. Knowing that she shouldn't have access to any phones.

"I'm scared...

"what are you scared of?"

"can't say, because something bad will happen to me... I have been told that I'm not allowed to say a word to anyone...

Charisma sat up and furrowed her brow, not happy with what she was hearing. " OK, but you know that you can trust me, and that I love you very much... So if there is something upsetting you, or there is something you're very scared of, I would like to know so that I can help you... And I absolutely will keep it to myself unless I think you're in danger okay?"

"I stole the pink sweets.. only because she asked me to, she said that people would like me better if I did as I was told...

"What do you mean... baby... what are the pink sweets?"

"they're Keegan's sweets... he hides them in his wardrobe... I have to give them to her tomorrow at school...

Josh had overheard after receiving his mother's message and creeping up the stairs to see what Mika was up to. He walked into the bedroom. Mika suddenly became very afraid, and she started crying, hysterically. Her hands were shaking. "Nana.. NANA!..."

Josh took the phone from her, and he put it on the speaker so that she could hear her Nana's voice just to try and calm her down. "Mika, baby, whatever is going on, you need to talk to your dad... Okay, can you promise me that you're gonna do that?"

" i'm not allowed to tell anybody.." she said sobbing hard.

"You didn't tell him, he overheard the conversation... But you know that daddy and all of us care about you very much... Do you want me to come over?"

"Nana and pops.." she said.

"Okay, me and your pops will be there in a little while... But in the meantime, speak to your dad, and tell him everything.." she said.
Josh took the phone off of speaker and put the phone to his ear. "Joshua, don't you go hard on that baby... something is happening and she is absolutely terrified... You talk to her nicely, you get down on her level and you understand what she's talking about before you start going off... she is obviously being manipulated, me and your dad will be there as soon as we can...."