4. Vindictive

".... What's up bro, you look deep in thought there..."

Lamar looked at Arlen. "I saw someone today that I haven't seen in years and I feel like such a mother fucker..

"Why?.."

"Because she told me she had a crush on me in school but felt that I was too untouchable to let me know

"Because she told me she had a crush on me in school but felt that I was too untouchable to let me know... I was not that bad at school was I?.."

Arlen laughed. "Naw bro, it's not that you were up yo own ass... it was more about who we are and what that brings... so we kept our distance as much as we could...

"Well, I'm thinking about asking her out on a date...

"Because you feel bad for something you didn't know about when you were at school...

"No!." He laughed. "Because... well, she's quite cute..."

Arlen smiled at Lamar. "She's here in Canada?.. or do you need to go all the way to LA for that?

"People move man, like we did.. not everyone needs to stay in LA.."

"True... Well, go for it because you have had it tough with Chloe.. but with that being said bro.. make sure that you're done with Chloe too, or it will eat at yo conscience.."

"I wasn't the one who decided we weren't working or that I wasn't good enough for her needs and fucked up fantasies.."

"Okay, then knock yo self out bro.. go and have some fun with Chantal." He said.

Lamar smiled to himself and nodded. "I just need to pop back to the coffee shop.. I may have forgotten something..."

Arlen laughed and Josh shook his head as Lamar headed out. "I'm gonna head off in a bit too.. me and Dakota are off to Treasure's recital.."

Josh nodded. "I'm a lil concerned... Kat just called to say that Zara didn't come back to ours last night."

"It's Zara bro... she is around somewhere...

"Ion know.. she's been trying to pull herself right recently.. studying hard... being at the house with us.. helping with Treasure and Eldon's essays... something don't feel right..

"Let me come by after the recital... if she's not back by then, we can start looking at it then.." he said.

Keane, Leyton, Kent, Keegan and Jax walked in. Josh looked at them. "If it's not the badass bandits." He mocked. "Don't you have yo own distribution facility?."

"Which is doing very well." Keegan said with a wide grin. "though we did come over here to pick yo brains dad!."

He raised his eyebrows. "Now why doesn't that surprise me?.."

"We got sprung...

"By who?.."

"We don't know.. but our corners were taken... some new players.. that was all we got from their runners..."