9. Tame a thug

".... You cheat man.. you are a fucking Taylor through and through.." Anton said shaking his head as Lamar won the five hundred dollars in front of him from the card game they had been playing.

Lamar laughed as he scooped up the money. "It's in the genes man... what can I say..."

"... I hear you're having issues with Chloe... what's with that?."

"She wants a thug

"She wants a thug... and I'm just not thug enough but you know what, I'm good with it... I'm good with who I am.. I won't be what she wants me to be just because.." he shrugged.

Anton laughed. "Women make me laugh..." he shook his head. "They need to be careful what they wish for, seriously...

"They could all end up with a man like dad... and then they'll be crying to get out..." Tian sniggered.

Lamar shrugged again "exactly that.." he said as he put his cards down and laughed, winning again.

His cellphone rang and he stepped away from everyone else. "Chantal?...

"I'm so sorry I missed your call I was working a double as someone was off sick... I picked up your voicemail this morning.."

"It's cool

"It's cool... I just wondered if you wanted to go out tonight?." He asked her.

"I would like that... and it doesn't faze you that I'm a single mom?.."

He laughed. "I'm a father myself... kids are a blessing.. it doesn't define you they just add to yo life.."

"Yeah, that's true...

"Okay, I'll pick you up after yo shift today... 3pm right?.."

"How do you know?.." she said to him.

"I know a lot of things." He said. "I'll see you then.." he told her and ended the call.

Josh looked at Lamar with his eyebrows raised. "Look at that smile.. he is on the up and up...

"Chantal Roberts.." Arlen said. "From his school back in LA..