38. Scheming

"Daddy... can you play with me and my dolls?..."

"Mika baby... I have just got in the house... give me 10 minutes okay... where is mommy?.."

Mika pointed to the lounge and then carried on playing with her dolls. Josh walked through to the lounge. Kat was sleeping on the sofa. He headed over to where she was. He crouched in front of her. "Kat!.."

She stirred and opened her eyes

She stirred and opened her eyes. She focussed on Josh and then she sat up quicker. "I didn't mean to fall asleep... where is Mika...

"Shes fine... but we need to talk." He said sitting next to her with his eyebrows raised. "Kat.. ion like the way that you came at me in that text earlier....

"I didn't...

"If I wanted someone else I would be with someone else.. I'm not gonna stay somewhere ion wanna be...

"I didn't...

"Antonia is a fucking friend of the family.. she knows everyone... you've even met her.. so why come at me sideways...

"I DIDNT!." She said, shouting to make herself heard.
Josh stared at her.
"I never text you Josh... Chloe did, she was drunk, she came over to my table.. I was just having lunch with Kelsey.. she started saying how you prefer to be with darker skinned girls.. and that I need to ask you about Antonia... then she grabbed my phone and she text you... not me.. she did that.."

"You let her take yo phone?." He said annoyed.

"It was so quick, it was laying on the table next to me and she picked it up...

Josh shook his head. "She is out of control!... but I know you and you are gonna overthink that shit.. aren't you?..." he said looking at her.
Kat looked away and he held chin in one hand and pulled her to face him. "Aren't you!.." he said raising his voice sternly.

"I'm fine... it did bother me that all your ex girlfriends were so pretty...and not like me...

He shook his head. "And you think you're not pretty?... Kat.. you do it for me... ion wanna be anywhere else... I still feel today like I did the first time I saw you... and you need to remember how we met... I was with you and yo friend.. and I chose you.. and I would do that again and again in a heartbeat.. cos I know I made the right choice...please, don't let Chloe get in yo head, she is bitter and twisted right now..."

Kat nodded. "Josh.. I do love you... I don't say it to you enough...

"I know you do... the same as I do you.... now, I've gotta a date with a couple of Barbie dolls and my baby girl...you're not gonna get jealous now are you?." he said walking out to the dining room to spend time with Mika with a sarcastic smile on his face.

———-

Keegan sat in his car, contemplating what damage he was about to do to Trent. He picked up his cell and he called Charisma.
"Hey." She answered.