14. Deep hurts

"... here he is.." Josh laughed. "How was yo date bro?.."

Lamar smiled. "It was cool... she's cool.. we're just gonna take it slow...

" so, let me get this right... You and Chloe are definitely through?" Julian said

"yes, she decided to go and confront my father and tell him how much she wanted to be with a man like him, how much she wanted to be with him...

Josh sat forward, his eyes open wide. "Are you fucking kidding me?... man I would have slapped the shit outta her, I'm sorry but that is low ... damn disrespectful ass" Josh said shaking his head, he couldn't believe it.

He shook his head. "that's the kind of man she wants, I can't compete with that... Because I'm not that type of person... I made a pact with myself that I would never treat a woman the way that he treated our mama..." he sighed. " But you know, some women they obviously like that type of thing...

"I can't believe it!" Julian said shocked.

Lamar shrugged, but both Josh and Arlen knew it had gotten to him and he was hiding his true feelings.
"Bro... have you seen her... talked to her since she had this melt down... because you know that that is all that this is right.. some kind of identity crisis maybe?.." Arlen said.

"Even if it is, and it short-lived, and she wants to come back... how do I even take her back, no one has she feels about my own father..."

"You wouldn't be the first son if his who's woman decided a dangerous, abusive thug was more her type..." Arlen said. "As in him... I had the same shit with Sheree... and just about every fucking girl I had when I left school... some girls.. not all are after that type... until they get it, and then they cry, and want the world to feel sorry for them... When all along they already had a good ass man standing right in front of them.."

Lamar nodded. "We've got kids.." he suddenly smashed the place up. He took all his anger out on the room.
Josh grabbed his younger brother and he held him to him tight as he let it out on his shoulder.

"It's okay bro...

"How could she fucking do this to me.. and the kids... how could she!.." he said in tears as Julian and Arlen watched on, feeling it for him.

—————

Charlotte sat eating breakfast at the table at Lamar's place. Thea grabbed a bowl of chopped fruit and yoghurt and sat opposite her. "Payton has been sectioned.."

"