7. The knowing

".... Payton is ready to go home today... the baby will need to stay for a few weeks until the weight gain is stable and baby girl is doing well....

"Payton... you hear that?." Keegan said to her with a smile as she faced away from them. He looked at the doctor. "Thank you man.."
as the doctor left Keegan sat on the edge of the bed next to his daughter, "Payton... talk to me...

"He's still there.. there were police outside the hospital too..

"I can assure you there isn't

"They are undercover.. why can't you listen to me!" She said raising her voice. "They want my baby...

"Payton... calm down and stop this stupidness... tell me why you haven't named yo baby girl yet?." He asked her.

"Because that is what they are waiting for..

"Who!.. and what?...

"For me to name her!..." she flicked a look past her father to the security guard standing on the ward as before. "Daddy do something please..."

Keegan was becoming hugely concerned with Payton's behaviour, it was getting more imaginative as the days went on. He didn't quite know what he was dealing with, so he decided to have the security guard checked and vetted once again as he did when he first took him on to do this job.

—————-

Lamar had had his phone in his hand for a while, he had been thinking about this date with Chantal. He looked at Shelby. "Anything?."

"From what I can see she is a single mom her son is 17... she lives with her son in an apartment here and she has lived in Canada for a good while.. she moved here from LA..

"What about the son, anything on him?

"What about the son, anything on him?." He asked.

She looked at the screen. "So as I said he's 17, he's a straight A student, doesn't really do much else but study and be at home... there is no record for him or her, not even juvenile..."

"She won't tell me who his father is.. she gets quite cagey about things like that... is there anything on him?."

She typed away, bringing up his birth certificate. She zoomed in on the screen. "Okay, so mother is Chantal Roberts... she had him at the age of 14... she zoomed again on the father. She then sat back and looked at Lamar. "Damn!."