112- A New Hunter

The next day..

After taking a shower, I walk into the living room, only to see Elijah hanging up the phone with a sigh, his back turned to me. Seeing this, I shake my head, and speak. "Rebekah still dodging your calls..?" I ask, walking over to him. "Unfortunately.." he says, pinching the bridge of his nose, as he sits on the arm of the chair. After Rebekah had told us about killing Elena, she and Elijah got into an argument. In the end, she told Elijah to save his lectures for someone else, and hung up before he could even mention Klaus still being alive. Although he was less than pleased with her actions; and understandably so; unfortunately, there was nothing he could have done about it, since she had already killed Elena beforehand. So, he decided he would let her cool down first, before attempting a conversation again. So, we had simply turned in for last night.

Sighing, I gently place my hands on his shoulders, in an attempt to comfort him. "I'm sure she'll call you when she's ready to talk.." I say, before kissing the top of his head, and letting him go, before walking to the other side of him, so I can sit on the couch. "I know.." he says with another sigh. Hearing this, I sigh. "Hey.." I say, gently turning his face towards me, before smiling softly. "It sucks, I know. But, siblings fight, it's a normal thing. Hell, Tyler and I have had our fair share of them...granted, they were mostly my fault, but, still.." I say, trying to chear him up. Hearing this, he chuckles quietly, before his expression seems to take on a somber look. After a few moments of silence, he sighs, and looks to me. "Raelyn...about Tyler...last night, before I found you...Caroline said that he.." he trails off. Knowing what he wanted to say, I sigh, and shake my head. "I know...but we don't know that he stayed that way for sure...I mean, I survived...for all we know, the same thing might've happened to him too." I say hopefully. Hearing this, he sighs, and gives a small nod. "I suppose you are right.." he says quietly.

"Have you spoken to your mother, since the ambush at your house?" He asks, after a couple minutes. Realizing I hadn't, my eyes widen in worry. "Sh*t..!" I say, before quickly pulling out my phone. "Between the Hunters chasing me and the whole vacation on the Other Side thing, I hadn't even thought about that!" I admit, before hastily dialing the number. After only two rings, mom answers. "Raelyn Lockwood, do you have any idea how worried I've been?!" Mom scolds immediately, making me flinch slightly, before awkwardly laughing a couple times. "...sorry...alot was happening last night.." I say apologetically. Sighing in exasperation, Mom's silent for a few moments, before she finally speaks. "I suppose I understand.." she says, calmer. "Are you alright, at least..? You're not hurt, are you..?" She asks concerned. Shooting a glance towards Elijah, I sigh. Best not to mention the whole trip to the Afterlife to her.. "Uh, yeah, yeah, I'm alright. I mean, the hunters got me pretty good last night, but...Elijah found me before things got too out of hand. We ended up having to leave town right after, so he could heal me...what about Tyler? You guys weren't hurt, were you..?" I ask worriedly. "Don't worry, Tyler's alright. We both are. As a matter of fact, I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago." She says. Hearing this, I immediately perk up, quickly looking to Elijah, to see if he was listening too. Seeing me look to him, he smiles, and nods his head.

"You did? What did he say? Did he say where he was..?" I ask. "Oh, you know your brother, he told me to stop worrying so much, and said he wasn't a baby anymore, the whole nine yards.." she says with a sigh of disappointment. "As for where he is, I told him not to tell me, so he'd be safe. You shouldn't tell me where you two are either. The less I know, the safer you'll be." She says. Hearing her tone, I furrow my brows. "Why, what happened..?" I ask worriedly. "The Council had me arrested this morning, before making me step down from my duties. Caroline's mom was as well, before they relieved her of her badge. But, we're managing. You tell Elijah to keep you far away from Mystic Falls for me, alright?" She asks. "No need, he heard you. He's right here next to to me." I say. Hearing this, he leans over to me. "Do not worry Mayor Lockwood, I will keep her safe, just as I promised." Elijah says reassuringly. Sighing in relief, mom speaks. "Thank you." Mom says, before continuing. "Listen honey, I can't stay on the phone any longer, the hunters watching the house, might trace your location if I do. I love you, sweetheart." Mom says. Sighing sadly, I nod. "Alright, love you too, mom. Once it's safe, I promise I'll come back and see you, alright?" I ask. "That sounds perfect, I'll see you soon." Is all she says, before ending the call. Hearing this, I sigh, and hang up. "It seems you were right, Tyler is alive afterall." Elijah says with a nod. Nodding back to him, I speak. "Yeah, remind me to kick his a** for being a d**k to her, once this thing with the Council is over with." I say, rolling my eyes at Tyler's disrespect, and shaking my head. Hearing this, he chuckles softly, before taking a seat next to me. "As you wish." He says, before pulling me into his arms.