81- Vervain

A few hours later..

Elena's birthday party went surprisingly well, without a hitch. I was skeptical at first, due to it being at the Salvatore house, but as it turned out, Damon was gone for most of it. But just in case anything changed, I made sure to keep my eyes on Tyler as much as possible. That is, until I found him and Caroline making out. Not wanting to stick around and watch those two groping eachother, I went home. But, shortly after I got into my room, I heard the two of them enter the house, and make a beeline to his room. Knowing what that meant, I quickly decide I didn't feel like having my ears assaulted. So, I left the house, and visited the Grill. Unfortunately, I didn't stay there long either, due to a drunkard foolishly thinking I'd be his next conquest. After a knee to the groin for having wandering hands, I told him I'm more woman than he could ever hope to handle, and left the Grill. So, I ended up deciding to take a quiet night walk.

But, without realizing it, I soon find myself at the cell I had been held hostage in, the night of the ritual. Memories from the last conversation Elijah and I had, replay in my head, making my eyes narrow. I'm still pi***d at him, but...I do hope he's at least with his family again.. Shaking out of my thoughts, I sigh, and check the time. But, when I see it, I realize it's only been a half an hour since I left home. Sighing to myself, I lean against the cold wall, and slide to the ground. I'll just stay here for a while.. Raising a knee up, I rest my arm atop it, and lean my head back against the cool stone wall, closing my eyes for a bit. After a while, I sigh again, and open my eyes, glancing at my phone to check the time. But when I do, I notice the date, and realize something. Sh*t, the Full Moon's tomorrow, isn't it.. Sighing, I shake my head. Gotta be kidding me...feels like it just happened too...why's the Full Moon gotta be every month..? Would it really be so bad to have it skip a month or something..? Sighing in defeat, I shake my head. No point in complaining, it's my own fault for triggering the curse to begin with.. Glancing around the small cell, another thought rises in my mind. Speaking of curses...I wonder how long it'll take Klaus to realize he was duped...it's been two months afterall. He could come back here at any moment. I have to make sure we're prepared for the worst case scenario.. Shaking my head again, I decide that can be put on the back burner, until after the Full Moon. With that decided, I check the time again. They should be done by now, time to call it a night..

The next morning..

As I'm walking downstairs, I hear mom and Tyler talking. "You know, if you're going to bring a girl home, I wish she'd have the tact to not sneak out of the house like a prostitute.." Mom says. Hearing this, Tyler sighs in shame. "Sorry.." he says. Hearing this, I sigh, and walk into the room. "Hey, cut him some slack, at least it wasn't an actual one.." I say, walking between them, to reach the coffee, catching both of their attentions. As I pass by Tyler, I shoot a wink towards him, earning a thankful smirk. Mom sighs and nods reluctantly. "I suppose you're right.." Mom says, watching Tyler as he grabbed some coffee, and took a drink. Although I thought it was weird, I decide not to think much about it. "Woah, careful Rae...I think the cream's bad.." he says, before clearing his throat, with a weird face. Seeing this, I sigh, and skip the creamer, before taking a drink too. However, the moment I taste the coffee, I quiver in disgust. "Eew, hey mom, when was the last time the coffee maker was cleaned..? Tastes like burnt rubber with exhaust for an aftertaste.." I say, after swallowing. Mom looks to both of us, before letting out a subtle sigh, and smiling. "It has been a while, I'll clean it later today." She says, waving us off. "If you don't, I will. Anyway, Ty, you ready for the movie tonight?" I ask, giving him a questioning glance. It takes a few seconds for him to understand, but once he does, he nods. "Yeah." He says. "Wanna meet up with the guys now?" He asks in return. "Probably should. Anyway, don't wait up for us tonight, okay?" I ask mom. Smiling, she nods. Seeing this, we wave goodbye, before leaving the house behind.