2- Anger Management

Uncle Mason and I exchange a glance, before we quickly head to what use to be fathers office. "Let go of me!" I hear Tyler yell. Hearing this, we speed up. By the time we get there, Tyler was shoving mom away, hard. I quickly hurry to her, catching her in my arms, right before Mason tackles Tyler to the ground, after seeing him raise his fist. "Get off me!!" Tyler yells angrily, as he fights against Mason's hold. "Hey, Tyler. Hey, hey!" Mason says, trying to subdue Tyler, as he kicks and struggles under his hold. "I said, get off me!! Get the hell off me!!" Tyler yells, completely out of control. "Uncle Mason..?" I ask worried, taking a step towards him. "Stay with your mother! Ah, Tyler! Tyler, look at me. Look at me!!" Mason orders, finally reaching through to Tyler.

Tyler snaps out of his rage, looking completely shaken, as he looks up at Mason

Tyler snaps out of his rage, looking completely shaken, as he looks up at Mason. Seeing he finally got through to him, Mason sighs in relief, sits up and speaks. "That's it, calm down. Settle down." Mason says calmly, earning a nod from Tyler. Seeing this, I let mom go, and hurry to Mason's side, helping him up. "I'm alright, I'm alright. We're both alright." Mason says, looking towards Tyler at the last part. "Rae, help me get him to his feet." Mason says. Nodding, he and I each grab an arm, and help Tyler stand. "You okay Ty..?" I ask. He looks to me with a nod, straightening his shirt. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay.." he says, averting his gaze in shame, refusing to look at either of us, before he pushes past us, and runs up the stairs. "Ty..!" I call out, taking a step forward, only for Mason to stop me. "Let him go, give him some time. Today's been...stressful for everyone.." Mason says. I sigh and nod in obedience. "Rae..? Raelyn Lockwood, is that you..?" Mom says, finally recognizing me after a few moments of silence, making me straighten my back, and close my eyes. Oh...great.. Lowering my head, I sigh, and slowly turn towards mom.

"Yeah, mom

"Yeah, mom...it's me.." I say. I hear mom gasp quietly. "Oh my god.." she says, covering her mouth. "Oh my god, my daughter..! Oh my darling girl, you're finally home..!" She says, before pulling me into her arms, sobbing quietly. Uncle Mason sighs, placing a hand on my shoulder. Looking to him, I see a familiar look on his face. That look.. "Uncle Mason..?" I ask concerned. Were our suspicions right..? Although I wished to ask him this, I knew now wasn't the time, or the place. So instead, I give him a questioning look. Seeing this, he nods his head, which tells me all I needed to know. Dammit.. "We'll talk later, I'll give you two some time.." he says, before walking out of the room. Seeing him leave, I sigh, and lightly pat mom's back, in an awkward attempt at soothing her. As...happy as I am for this family reunion...that isn't the reason we're here.. Hearing mom's sobs, I knew I would be there for a while, so I sigh, and return the hug.

Later that night, once everyone was asleep, Uncle Mason and I meet up by the small lake, near the house. "Is it as we feared..?" I ask, finally speaking. Mason sighs and nods. "He has the gene. Tonight proved it. We gotta keep a close eye on him." He says, pacing. I nod in agreement, before looking back on tonight's episode. "He hasn't turned yet, so there's a plus." I say, trying to look on the bright side. At least that much was obvious.. "Yeah, 'yet' being the keyword." He says. "Yep.." I say, with a pop at the end. As we fall into silence, we notice Father's office, lighting up, catching our attention. We exchange a glance, knowing what that meant, before we head inside.

As we reached the office, we see Tyler sitting on the small couch within, rubbing his arm absent-mindedly

As we reached the office, we see Tyler sitting on the small couch within, rubbing his arm absent-mindedly. Seeing this, we sigh, and step inside. As we did, Mason grabs a bottle off of one of the shelves, shaking it to see if there was anything inside. Hearing the sloshing of the liquid, he pops it open, and smells it to make sure it's safe. Once satisfied, he pops the cork back in, and looks to me with a smirk. Rolling my eyes, I follow him towards Tyler. "Your mom's out, I think she popped a couple pharmaceuticals." Mason says, sitting on the table in front of the couch. After taking a drink of the alcohol, he passes it to me. Playing along, I laugh quietly, and take it. After taking a few sips, I pass the bottle to Tyler, before I lean against the edge of the fireplace, just a few inches away from Mason. "Can you blame her, after tonight?" I ask with a smirk, crossing my arms over my chest. Tyler looks between us and sighs, before taking a drink.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to freak out on her like that.." he says, regret etched on his face. Mason and I nod in silence. "I don't know why I get like this.." Tyler admits, taking another sip, before leaning forward, to pass the drink back to Mason. Tyler rests his elbows atop his knees. Mason and I exchange a glance at his words. Sighing, Mason takes another drink, before he looks back to Tyler. "It's the curse of being a Lockwood." Mason says honestly, before playing it off with a smirk. Seeing this, Tyler scoffs quietly. "So, how'd you two get the chill gene, then?" Tyler asks. Mason and I laugh quietly. "We didn't." I say truthfully. "We've just learned how to manage it." Mason says, smirking. Hearing this, Tyler nods his head silently, before looking to us again. "I don't wanna be like this anymore.." he says honestly. Mason nods as well, before looking up at him again. "None of us do." Mason says, his expression darkening, before taking another sip. That's for sure.. I sigh and kick off the wall, taking the bottle from Mason, so I can take a drink myself. "That's why it's called a curse, Ty." I say, moving towards him, and sitting on the arm of the couch. Although we may not be able to be completely honest with him, we can give him a little bit of truth, here and there..

"But, if you'd like, your sister and I can teach you how to channel your anger safely." Mason says. Hearing this, Tyler's mood seems to brighten up immediately. "Really? Could you??" Tyler asks eagerly. Mason and I laugh quietly, both nodding our heads. "That's right." I say, knowing where Mason was going with this. Just like old times, right Uncle..? I take another sip. "How?!" Tyler asks. Mason and I exchange a glance, smirking at one another, before looking back to Ty. "How do you feel about running..?" Mason asks. Hearing this, Tyler's brows furrow in confusion. "What..?" Tyler asks.

The next day..

"You better keep up Ty, or we'll leave you behind!" I call back to Tyler, who was huffing and puffing a few feet behind us. He waves his hand in surrender, before bending over, to place his hands on his knees, as he tries to catch his breath. "Wait, wait...stop...for a sec..! Just...just give me...a minute..!" He says, huffing and puffing desperately. Uncle Mason and I exchange a glance, before laughing. "Sound familiar Rae?" Mason asks, looking to me. I laugh again. "Yeah it does, too familiar actually.." I say, placing a hand on my hip. "Then you know what's going to happen next, right?" Mason asks, smirking towards me. I laugh and crack my neck. "Yup." I say, smirking back, before we both turn to a clueless Tyler. This is gonna be good.. With that thought, we charge towards him, each grabbing an arm of his, before sprinting off, forcing Tyler to keep running with us. "Oh come on..!" Is all he says. Unfortunately for Ty, we don't stop, until we reach the house.