19- The Next Step

Rae sighs after a few minutes and looks to me. "You...better get The Moonstone to Katherine. You know how impatient she gets.." Rae says, less than thrilled about the next step. I sigh and shake my head, chuckling lightly. "Still don't like her much, do you." I say, not bothering to ask. Rae scoffs. "It has nothing to do with like, I just...I don't trust her.." Rae says, earning a sigh from me. "Oh come on Rae, she's given you no reason to doubt her before, right?" I ask. She's silent for a while, before sighing. "No, she hasn't.." she says, crossing her arms over her chest. "Alright then. It'll be fine, trust me, okay?" I ask, hugging her with one arm. "I'll do everything I can to break this curse on you two, I promise." I say determined. Rae looks up to me and sighs, before smiling, and nodding up to me. "I know...just...be careful, alright..? If something happens to you.." She trails off, averting her gaze in worry. I sigh and hug her tightly. "Nothing is gonna happen to me, I promise." I say, right before today's events come back to me. At least not yet.. With that thought, I let Rae go, and message Katherine.

Raelyn's P.O.V.

Half an hour later..

I watch silently from my window, as Uncle Mason walks into the woods surrounding our estate

I watch silently from my window, as Uncle Mason walks into the woods surrounding our estate. I narrow my eyes, before sighing, and turning away from the window. 'She's never given you a reason to doubt her before, right..?' Uncle Mason's words repeat in my head, bringing with them a frustrated sigh. I know I said I'd trust her but...I can't seem to shake this bad feeling I have.. I clench my hands into fists as I sit atop my bed. Ever since the Community Event earlier today, I've had a bad feeling, but I couldn't figure out why. Is it...because of Katherine, the sketchy alliance with the Vampires, or...something else entirely..? I mull over this thought for a few more moments, before sighing in frustration, and allowing myself to fall onto my back, on my bed. Forget it, worrying over it will only make it worse. It's been a long day, I should get some shut eye...once he meets up with Katherine, there's no way he'll be returning tonight anyway.. Sighing, I climb under my covers, and turn off my light.

The next day..

Mason's P.O.V.

As Katherine and I are making out on the bed, Katherine pulls away, looking down at me. "Where's the Moonstone?" She asks. There she goes, asking about it again.. I hide the disapproval as I meet her gaze. 'It has nothing to do with like, I just...I don't trust her..' Rae's words repeat in my head, making me silent for a few moments, while I remember where I had hid the Moonstone last night, before meeting up with Katherine. I don't want to doubt my own girlfriend but...Rae's always been good at seeing through people...I mean, she said Tyler was keeping the stone from us, and she was right.. With this thought, I sigh, and chuckle. "Somewhere safe." I say. Katherine gives a disapproving look. "Don't you trust me?" She asks, slightly annoyed. I chuckle again. "I don't trust anyone."  I say plainly. At least, no one except Rae.. "Why? Are you scared I'm gonna kill you?" She asks. I chuckle and shake my head. "No, you won't." I say.